FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Dummy Message
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Messagebox after Popup in List (is it possible ?) Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I'm finishing to write a huge script that I will give to the group when it
will be ok ! (I started to write it since 8 april ! I know I'm not so fast
but I'm a beginner in Applescript !)
I want to put a "final touch" with this, but for me it's a headache !

When I am in list mode, I have a list of senders of email
When I select an item, I have a popup text displaying the subject and the
time sent of the message
And what I want now...is to have a messagebox displaying an extract of the
mail (I know that it's only 160 character in messagebox !) after pressing
Yes in popup mode.
First, is it possible to have a messagebox mode displayed after popup mode
when I am in list mode ???

I think the answer is on handlers but...how ?

This is part of my "try script" :

(senders, sujet, quand and contenu are Properties)

try
tell application "SEC Helper"
enter list mode title "Email from :" items senders
end tell
on error
beep
end try

on item_was_selected(itemindex)
tell application "SEC Helper"
set suj to (item itemindex of sujet)
set when to (item itemindex of quand)
enter popup mode text "Subject : " & suj & "Sent " & when
my extrait
end tell
end item_was_selected

on extrait(item_was_selected)
tell application "SEC Helper"
set send to (item itemindex of senders)
set cont to (item itemindex of contenu)
enter messagebox mode title send text "Content : " & cont
end tell
end extrait

What's wrong in my way of writing this ?
Please help !

Lalit

PS : thank you Trabi for your advice for more efficient way
to query Entourage !!! Regards

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Messagebox after Popup in List (is it possible ?) Reply with quote

Not an answer, but it seems from the code you provided that you're
working on what I had planned as my next project, after I finish the
one I've got going right now. Good luck!

olof

söndagen den 20 april 2003 kl 17.41 skrev Lalit:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm finishing to write a huge script that I will give to the group
> when it will be ok ! (I started to write it since 8 april ! I know I'm
> not so fast but I'm a beginner in Applescript !)
> I want to put a "final touch" with this, but for me it's a headache !


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Messagebox after Popup in List (is it possible ?) Reply with quote

This may help you:

> try
> =A0=A0=A0tell application "SEC Helper"
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0enter list mode title "Email from :" items sender=
s
> =A0=A0=A0end tell
> on error
> =A0=A0=A0beep
> end try
>
> on item_was_selected(itemindex)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0tell application "SEC Helper"
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set suj to (item itemindex of sujet)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set when to (item itemindex of quand)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0enter popup mode text "Subject : " & suj & "Sent =
" & when
> =A0=A0=A0end tell
> end item_was_selected
>
> on affirmative_popup_response()
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0my extrait
end affirmative_popup_response

> on extrait(item_was_selected)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0tell application "SEC Helper"
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set send to (item itemindex of senders)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set cont to (item itemindex of contenu)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0enter messagebox mode title send text "Content : =
" & cont
> =A0=A0=A0end tell
> end extrait


Pardon my formatting above... Also, note that I haven't tested it.

The key to scripting multiple widgets in SEC is remembering that=20
everything is "asynchronous", so you need "chain" the widgets via=20
yes/no-handlers. Also, it's currently not possible to push widgets=20
without user interaction (this is not the case here, though).

I hope was helpful. Looking forward to the results.

Best,
Jonas


On s=F6ndag, apr 20, 2003, at 17:41 Europe/Stockholm, Lalit wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm finishing to write a huge script that I will give to the group=20
> when it will be ok ! (I started to write it since 8 april ! I know I'm=20
> not so fast but I'm a beginner in Applescript !)
> I want to put a "final touch" with this, but for me it's a headache !
>
> When I am in list mode, I have a list of senders of email
> When I select an item, I have a popup text displaying the subject and=20
> the time sent of the message
> And what I want now...is to have a messagebox displaying an extract of=20
> the mail (I know that it's only 160 character in messagebox !) after=20
> pressing Yes in popup mode.
> First, is it possible to have a messagebox mode displayed after popup=20
> mode when I am in list mode ???
>
> I think the answer is on handlers but...how ?
>
> This is part of my "try script" :
>
> (senders, sujet, quand and contenu are Properties)
>
> try
> =A0=A0=A0tell application "SEC Helper"
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0enter list mode title "Email from :" items sender=
s
> =A0=A0=A0end tell
> on error
> =A0=A0=A0beep
> end try
>
> on item_was_selected(itemindex)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0tell application "SEC Helper"
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set suj to (item itemindex of sujet)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set when to (item itemindex of quand)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0enter popup mode text "Subject : " & suj & "Sent =
" & when
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0my extrait
> =A0=A0=A0end tell
> end item_was_selected
>
> on extrait(item_was_selected)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0tell application "SEC Helper"
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set send to (item itemindex of senders)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0set cont to (item itemindex of contenu)
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0enter messagebox mode title send text "Content : =
" & cont
> =A0=A0=A0end tell
> end extrait
>
> What's wrong in my way of writing this ?
> Please help !
>
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Lalit
>
> PS : thank you Trabi for your advice for more efficient way
> to query Entourage !!! Regards
>

>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Re: t310 support Reply with quote

Ah, but he was asking about "Ericsson Client". It's easy to mistake the
two.

My answer:
I may give Ericsson Client some sort of refreshment, if only to change
its name. However, since Apple no longer makes computers with IrDA (and
ship their own Bluetooth File Exchange), I'm afraid it doesn't make a
lot of sense put much effort into it.

That said, I'll see if there's a way around the T300/310 problem that
doesn't require a lot of work.

Best,
Jonas

On måndag, apr 21, 2003, at 09:49 Europe/Stockholm, Jools wrote:

> The T310 doesn't have bluetooth connectivity which is required for
> Clicker.
>
> The forthcoming T610 does though... and you need bluetooth capability
> on your computer too.
>
>
>> hi
>>
>> I just got a SE T310 and was wondering if there was planned support
>> for it. I tried using the ericsson client 1.0.0 and all it did was
>> say getting information. . . Unfortunately it never actually saw
>> the phone.
>>
>> thanks
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/VygGAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to ericssonclient Reply with quote

I just downloaded Ericsson Client and am trying to get my PowerBook
G3 (Lombard) running 10.2.5 to talk to a Cingular T306 with no luck.

I know that the T306 isn't on the supported list, but I thought it
was worth a try. Is this known not to work, am I doing something
wrong, or is there something I can do to help bring the T306 into the
fold?

Thanks,
Zandr
--
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Aleksandr Milewski N6MOD
n6mod@m... http://www.milewski.org/

Back to top
marook
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 336
Location: Copenhagen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Welcome to ericssonclient Reply with quote

Hi...

On onsdag, apr 23, 2003, at 22:01 Europe/Copenhagen, Aleksandr Milewski=20
wrote:

> I know that the T306 isn't on the supported list, but I thought it
> was worth a try. Is this known not to work, am I doing something
> wrong, or is there something I can do to help bring the T306 into the
> fold?

Ahh, do you see the feature 'bluetooth' in the specs below? :-)

From www.sonyericsson.com/us/

T306 specifications

Clean design, distinct lines, a full color screen and quality materials=20
make the T306 stand out from the rest. And under the surface lies the=20
beauty that makes the T306 best in class =96 an amazing array of=20
features. It has the latest mobile messaging - MMS, along with text=20
messaging with pictures and sounds (EMS) and picture messaging. It even=20
has its own e-mail that lets you use your T306 to send and receive=20
e-mail wherever you are. You can change the covers and screen content=20
to suit your style and preferences. The T306 has fun sounds, pictures=20
and games, and whenever you want, you can use WAP to download new=20
multimedia content from the Web.



Features:
Color display
Contacts
Downloadable games
Exchangeable covers
e-mail
Mobile chat
Picture messaging
Picture Phonebook
Predictive text input
Polyphonic ring signals
Start-up/Shutdown shows
Vibrating Alert
High Speed Data (HSCSD, up to 28,8 kbps)
MMS (Multimedia Messaging Services)
WAP 2.0


Network features:
Code memo
EMS (Enhanced Messaging Services)
SIM Application Toolkit
SMS, long messages (a.k.a concatenated SMS)


Network:
GSM 850
GSM 1800
GSM 1900


Sorry, you need Bluetooth for this stuff to work...

Jakob Peterh=E4nsel

'I don't have to try to be a sex bomb, I am one!'
- Kylie Minogue

Email: jakob@h...
AIM: Marook
Phone: +45 40163806

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guest






PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Simple newbit question Reply with quote

I was game to add scripts, and found a few I'd like to use. But I can'
t seem to figure out how to do so!

Some appear to be cut and paaste into the script window. But others
seems to download... and then what? Doe shte clicker know what to do
with them if I choose it to open them? Or do I need to put them
somewhere?

Thanks,

Julie


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:44 am    Post subject: And another thing Reply with quote

Tried to use my SE t68i with iTunes 4 and clicker. All connected
nicely, but every iTunes command gave me a SCRIPT ERROR on the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Julie


Back to top
John Laxson
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 211
Location: Minneapolis, MN, USA

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Simple newbit question Reply with quote

What you should do is drag the .clickerAction file into any of the
script lists: The Right side of the Phone Menu tab, the Right side of
the Proximity tab, and the left side of the Action Editor tab. That
will import the file and make it available for your use.

John

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 06:33 PM, Dr. Julie Armstrong wrote:

> I was game to add scripts, and found a few I'd like to use. But I can'
> t seem to figure out how to do so!
>
> Some appear to be cut and paaste into the script window. But others
> seems to download... and then what? Doe shte clicker know what to do
> with them if I choose it to open them? Or do I need to put them
> somewhere?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Julie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marook
Hero


Joined: 30 Jul 2004
Posts: 336
Location: Copenhagen

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: And another thing Reply with quote

Hi Julie.

On fredag, maj 2, 2003, at 01:42 Europe/Copenhagen, Dr. Julie Armstrong=20
wrote:

> Tried to use my SE t68i with iTunes 4 and clicker. All connected
> nicely, but every iTunes command gave me a SCRIPT ERROR on the screen.

Well, what type of track is selected, if any?

iTunes 4 has two kind of tracks, that does error on every command:=20
Tracks in Shared Libraries, and tracks in the Store.

Apple's responce to this was:
"Shared library and Music store tracks are not scriptable."

Hope it helps..

Jakob Peterh=E4nsel

"Tell me why, don't we try, not to break our hearts
and make it so hard for our selfs"
P.S.B. 1987

Email: jakob@h...
AIM: Marook
Phone: +45 40163806

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Guest






PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Script error Reply with quote

IGot it! Discovered I had an older version of SEC. Newest version works
without a hitch with TiPB OS 10.2.4 and iTunes 4

Now on to the scripts...

Julie


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Script error Reply with quote

Excellent. Julie (and others), you really should consider upgrading to
10.2.5, as Bluetooth stability seems to have improved quite a bit.

Cheers,
Jonas

On 03-05-02 14.19, "Dr. Julie Armstrong" wrote:

> IGot it! Discovered I had an older version of SEC. Newest version works
> without a hitch with TiPB OS 10.2.4 and iTunes 4
>
> Now on to the scripts...
>
> Julie
>
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: SE configurator Reply with quote

Forgive me if this is too far off topic...

At the Sony Ericsson website there is an auto configurator, which sends
WAP and MMS settings to your phone, based on your provider. As I work
my way through the menus, I am asked for my country (US) and provider
(Cingular). But Cingular is not a drop down menu option. (I bought an
unlocked phone and started my service with Cingular.)

Does anyone know if Cingular has a business partner in another country,
that I can use to auto configure my phone?

Or, Would anyone here be kind enough to send the MMS and WAP
configurations to me for Cingular. I have tried to search this through
the forums but have been unable to decipher exactly where the info I
found belongs.

Thanks,

Julie


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: SE configurator Reply with quote

Hi I found this on another discussion board I don´t know if it helps
you set up WAP for Cingular but neway here it is.

(The board is at this URL: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?
topic=1309&forum=14)

1. Go to Data comm
2. Data Accounts
3. Add new account , name is whatever (I use Cingular)
4. APN - wap.cingular
User ID - TCRESDC5RFDX@W...
Password - ZJULDAGEN98810
Password request - no,
allow calls - automatic, IP address - Blank, DNS Address - Blank,
Advan
settings - leave as default
5.Go to WAP services
6. Then to WAP settings
7. choose profile 2
8. Rename to Cingular
9. Change Homepage to Call it Home and address is http://device.home
10. Go to Gateway, then IP Settings
11. Then connect using Cingular
12. Then IP Address 199.176.84.11
13. User ID - Blank, Password - Blank, Data Mode - Conn oriented,
Security -
off, Show Images - on, Response timer - 150



For more info go to: http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?
s=&forumid=50


--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Julie Armstrong"
wrote:
> Forgive me if this is too far off topic...
>
> At the Sony Ericsson website there is an auto configurator, which
sends
> WAP and MMS settings to your phone, based on your provider. As I
work
> my way through the menus, I am asked for my country (US) and
provider
> (Cingular). But Cingular is not a drop down menu option. (I bought
an
> unlocked phone and started my service with Cingular.)
>
> Does anyone know if Cingular has a business partner in another
country,
> that I can use to auto configure my phone?
>
> Or, Would anyone here be kind enough to send the MMS and WAP
> configurations to me for Cingular. I have tried to search this
through
> the forums but have been unable to decipher exactly where the info
I
> found belongs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Julie


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: SE configurator Reply with quote

I remember this part from my days in California... I especially like the
password; "juldagen" means christmas day in swedish ;-)

- j

On 03-05-05 15.12, "kaneda_tatsaki" wrote:

> 4. APN - wap.cingular
> User ID - TCRESDC5RFDX@W...
> Password - ZJULDAGEN98810
> Password request - no,
> allow calls - automatic, IP address - Blank, DNS Address - Blank,
> Advan
> settings - leave as default


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 12 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group