FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm Reply with quote

I've just started using Clicker for both my phone (T610) as well as my palm (Tungsten T3).
I will be making some presentations next week and would love to use my palm to control
the presentation from my ibook. However, I've noticed that only about the first 300 or so
characters appear on the palm screen although the note is longer than that within
powerpoint.

My question; is there a way to get clicker to send the complete note for each slide to my
palm?

Ed Vawter


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm Reply with quote

The Palm should show more than that (about 2kb, I think). I'll
double-check. There will always be some sort of limit. The phone is
inherently quite limited (160 or so characters).

- jonas

On 2004-03-15, at 18.28, edwardv2 wrote:

> I've just started using Clicker for both my phone (T610) as well as my
> palm (Tungsten T3).
> I will be making some presentations next week and would love to use my
> palm to control
> the presentation from my ibook. However, I've noticed that only about
> the first 300 or so
> characters appear on the palm screen although the note is longer than
> that within
> powerpoint.
>
> My question; is there a way to get clicker to send the complete note
> for each slide to my


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm Reply with quote

I've also noticed that the Palm T3 will only show a bit of the note. Funny thing is, when I
used the hardware key to show the note, a message box popped up with the full note.
However, this is not very useful, as I then have to tap on the box to get rid of it and move
on to the next slide.

When I do a slideshow, I've got mostly blank space on my T3's screen. What *would* be
useful would be to show the whole note, or ESPECIALLY to see a graphic of the NEXT slide
so I would know what's coming up (I don't know if this is possible or not using
AppleScripts).

Phil

--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Salling wrote:
> The Palm should show more than that (about 2kb, I think). I'll
> double-check. There will always be some sort of limit. The phone is
> inherently quite limited (160 or so characters).
>
> - jonas
>
> On 2004-03-15, at 18.28, edwardv2 wrote:
>
> > I've just started using Clicker for both my phone (T610) as well as my
> > palm (Tungsten T3).
> > I will be making some presentations next week and would love to use my
> > palm to control
> > the presentation from my ibook. However, I've noticed that only about
> > the first 300 or so
> > characters appear on the palm screen although the note is longer than
> > that within
> > powerpoint.
> >
> > My question; is there a way to get clicker to send the complete note
> > for each slide to my


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm Reply with quote

Ah. Ok. Well. Just press the center of the 5-way navigator to more
conveniently close the popup.

Also, it is currently not possible to get graphics of slides through
PPT. I agree it'd be cool.

- jonas

On 2004-03-16, at 00.00, philipmgjones wrote:

> I've also noticed that the Palm T3 will only show a bit of the note.
> Funny thing is, when I
> used the hardware key to show the note, a message box popped up with
> the full note.
> However, this is not very useful, as I then have to tap on the box to
> get rid of it and move
> on to the next slide.
>
> When I do a slideshow, I've got mostly blank space on my T3's screen.
> What *would* be
> useful would be to show the whole note, or ESPECIALLY to see a graphic
> of the NEXT slide
> so I would know what's coming up (I don't know if this is possible or
> not using
> AppleScripts).


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm Reply with quote

Or even better that just the notes,

how about getting the slide to appear on the remote devices' screen,
just like iTunes albums appear now?

RT








Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm Reply with quote


On 16/03/2004, at 10:04, Jonas Salling wrote:

> Ah. Ok. Well. Just press the center of the 5-way navigator to more
> conveniently close the popup.
>
> Also, it is currently not possible to get graphics of slides through
> PPT. I agree it'd be cool.
>

How about Keynote, inside each file/package is a directory called
thumbs, could that work?

RT


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Complete notes for slide not transferring to Palm Reply with quote

Right. Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing what slide you're at.

- jonas

On 2004-03-17, at 11.46, J S wrote:

>
> On 16/03/2004, at 10:04, Jonas Salling wrote:
>
>> Ah. Ok. Well. Just press the center of the 5-way navigator to more
>> conveniently close the popup.
>>
>> Also, it is currently not possible to get graphics of slides through
>> PPT. I agree it'd be cool.
>>
>
> How about Keynote, inside each file/package is a directory called
> thumbs, could that work?
>
> RT
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group