FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

10.3.5 T610 File browsing issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaneda_Tatsaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sry this is a bit off SC toppic :!:

It seems that 10.3.5 fixes (now supports) the browsing of files on the Mac
using a mobile (T610 in my case) (I posted a message to apple to support that cause PeeCees allready did so).

But it seems that it works but not as good as it should. After switching to some folders and sub folders the connection drops. I don't know if it worked for others using earlier versions of OS X but I don't think so. I might have the problem because I'm using the very first Firmware of my T610.

I tested it with my G4 450 MHz D-Link Dongle and on my G4 1GHz with build in BT (latest Firmware) - both deliver the same BT connection drop after browsing some folders.

I would like you pals with newer firmware test it and post a short hint if it works.

Short how to :idea:

1. open System Prefs -> BT -> let other devices browse a folder
2. take your mobile -> BT -> devices -> <your Mac> -> more -> update services.

see if you got the option then
3. browse the folder (use one with several folders inside please)

So thanks in advance

:arrow: Jonas great Forum I really like it - keep on the good work. :-D

Best to all M.
jdavis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one cool tip. But mine is buggy. After I select a .jpg file to add to My Pictures, I press the go back button and the phone freezes up. I have to remove and re-insert the battery because the phone won't shut off.

Any suggestions?
jdavis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what kind of files my T610 can display. JPGs? TXT files? If, for instance, it can't display .jpgs perhaps that's why it's freezing.
Kaneda_Tatsaki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thnx for testing.

I tried it with a .jpg file that I first uploaded to the Mac and than redownloaded it. That works fine but as you said this new feature seem to be a little buggy :(

I just thought it's cause of my old firmware but if you have similar problems with newer FW than it is an Apple related problem.

.jpgs with not 72 dpi and a greater resolution than the T610 can handle will leed to display problems and will eaven freese the T610. This is a SE problem I think.

So to me there are two bugs that causes this to happen. Hope it will be fixed soon because I really like the feature.

Thnx for your response

Best to all M.
macphreak.e

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Cool, but buggy. Reply with quote

Wow man! I never knew this!

Too bad it's so buggy... When loading a folder, no matter what, the T610 goes back tot the previous menu and <i>Browse Device</i> is gray. Turning off Bluetooth on my Mac is the only thing that helps when I want to connect back again.

(Firmware version R3C002)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: