FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Feature request: text notes a la iPod from Mac to Z600

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuomo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Feature request: text notes a la iPod from Mac to Z600 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a feature request: could Clicker carry small text notes from my Mac to my Z600 phone? I noticed that I can now do this with the iPod by dragging text files from the Mac to the Notes folder, and started wondering how to do this with the phone. The Z600 (at least) has a Note feature in place, but it only works by manually entering the data on the phone's keypad. I'm abroad right now, and it struck me that it would be very handy to be able to copy-paste information like local bus timetables from a webpage to a text editor, save the file, and transfer it to the phone over Bluetooth. Why not just use the iPod? I don't always carry it with me, but the phone usually goes everywhere. Of course, this Notes feature could well be a phone model specific feature, and not at all open to scripting, but what the hey, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway!

Best regards,
thomasfruin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: iSync can copy To Do items to your phone Reply with quote

[quote]I have a feature request: could Clicker carry small text notes from my Mac to my Z600 phone?[/quote]
While not precisely what you're looking for, have you checked out iSync's ability to transfer To Do items and other iCal information to your phone? That's what I use to copy over snippets of information.

-- Thomas Fruin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
phaxda

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it easiest to use blueservice, which just adds a services option to send snippets of text to your mobile. i use this all the time!

http://www.devon-technologies.com/download/shareware.php
tuomo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the tips! Reply with quote

The iSync method Thomas mentions works! Copy-pasting text in an iCal To Do carries it to the phone, and I can retrieve it through the calendar. Great!

I tried Blue Service also, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with my Z600 phone. Tried it from TextEdit, but with no results on the phone. Checked the Read Me, and it says "If you can't send small plain text files to your Bluetooth device using "Bluetooth File Exchange", then BlueService probably doesn't work too". That's exactly the case - tried transfering a text file with File Exchange, and it returns a "not supported" message, so maybe this is restricted to Symbian devices?

Thanks,
Tuomo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: