FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Entourage Sync with limited date range

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sathomasga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Entourage Sync with limited date range Reply with quote

Anyone know any tricks to set up MobileSync so that calendar events are only sync'd in a certain date range, e.g. for the next 90 days only? Otherwise, I have too many events to fit in my phone.

TIA

Stephen
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen,

Snipped from the MobileSync user manual:

Your phone cannot fit more than about 350 calendar events. Entourage, on the other hand can fit thousands of events. This topic describes how you can use categories to limit the number of events moved to the phone.

In Entourage, create a category called "synchronized" (or something similar).
Then, assign this category to all calendar events you want to synchronize. It may be a good idea to assign the category to all events occurring within the next month.
In MobileSync's main window, under "Synchronize calendar", click the "Change" button.
Select "synchronized" (or the name you used in step 1) and close the panel
Click "Synchronize"
(optional) Later, you may want to change the category assignments in Entourage to include more future and fewer past event.

MobileSync will treat calendar events not assigned to the catogory specified as removed or non-existing. Thus, if you perform step 6 above, unassigned events will be removed from the phone the next time you synchronize.

---

I hope this helps.
--
Jonas
sathomasga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jonas, I was aware of the category filter, but I was hoping for something automatic for dates. It's too much trouble to manually change categories all the time. Most sync programs (even the Entourage client for Palm) have an option to only sync calendar events X days in advance (and usually Y days previously also).

I'm a new switcher from the Wintel world, so I'm not familiar with AppleScript, but I suspect there's some way to automate the category changes in AppleScript. More than I want to tackle right now, though.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: