FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

One-way iSync?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wetenhp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: One-way iSync? Reply with quote

Hi --

This is a bit off, not strictly Clicker, but I could not find anything on the net and here are all the clever people...

If I erase my contacts from my T610, and do an iSync, it warns me that my Address Book contacts will be deleted. But Address Book is where I keep my contacts, not my SE T610.

I want my phone to be the slave, and iSync to copy only one way, from Address Book to phone! How do I do that?

Thanks!

Hans
thomasfruin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I want my phone to be the slave, and iSync to copy only one way, from Address Book to phone! How do I do that?[/quote]
In iSync, under the Devices menu, there is the Reset All Devices command. When you choose it, iSync lets you reset all your devices by overwriting them with the data from one device. In this case you could choose the main device to be This Computer.
Be careful, though! This will reset ALL of your phone's iSync data. This could include your appointments (from iCal), depending on how you have your iSync set up.

-- Thomas Fruin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wetenhp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thomas ---

Hmm, that didn't work. It erased the Address Book om my computer (I had a backup). iSync kept looking for devices, I think, and when I clicked, my Address Book was gone, except for three recent entries...

Hans
thomasfruin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Hmm, that didn't work. It erased the Address Book om my computer[/quote]
That's not the way the Reset All Devices in iSync works. When you choose the command, the dialog asks:

"Replace data on all devices with data from:" (choose device)

If you then choose This Computer from the popup, like I suggested, your computer is untouched, and all other devices (phones) are replaced with data from the computer. So it's impossible that the command would erase data on your computer.

Of course if you pick ANOTHER device from the popup menu, ITS data will replace the computer's data.

The wording in this dialog is kinda tricky...

-- Thomas Fruin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wetenhp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: One-way iSync? Reply with quote

Hi ---

No, I think it's something to do with iSync 1.5. It cannot find my T610, and reports

Can't synchronize contacts to T610: device is not available

even though Clicker works. The Bluetooth panel also cannot find the phone, even though it is perfectly paired and my Clicker scripts all seem to work.

I seem to remember iSync 1.5 was not up to the task, I'll look in other fora...

Thanks,

Hans
thomasfruin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]No, I think it's something to do with iSync 1.5. It cannot find my T610, and reports

Can't synchronize contacts to T610: device is not available

even though Clicker works.[/quote]
Well, I use iSync 1.5 with a T610 and it works fine. Make sure you have the latest Bluetooth update from Apple (Bluetooth 1.5 I think).

-- Thomas Fruin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: