FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Sending SMS via address book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exemacs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Sending SMS via address book Reply with quote

I know you can send an SMS via address book if your phone is connected via bluetooth.
I have a Sony P900 and blue tooth is all set up and working but I cannot get Address book to send an SMS,
The option to send and SMS or Dial via P900 is greyed out.

Any Ideas ?

OS 10.3.5

Thanks
exemacs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried this and it works to dial but still no SMS

1.Quit and backup your Address Book app... bla bla bla ...
 2.Control click on the Address Book app, select Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents -> Resources.
 3.Control click on Telephony.bundle, Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents -> Resources
 4.Open ABDeviceCommandSets.plist with Property List Editor (or a text editor to change the XML in a more primitive way)
 5.Find this array in the ABDeviceCommandSets.plist: Root -> 1 -> ABDeviceModelStrings ... you should see two string entries here, T610 and Z600. Add another string entry with the value T630. Save and quit."

his tip worked, well partly, for the P800 as well. Instead of adding "T630" under the Z600 string, I added "P800".

Until I did this, my address book functionality was limited to maintaining a bluetooth connection, but nothing further. Now I have caller ID as well as dialing working, but still can't send SMSs and that's the functionality I was really looking for.

I've read on these boards and elsewhere that this is a problem with the Symbian OS. So it seems my options are to either live without the SMS from address book or to switch over to the T610. Having spent a fair bit on the P800, I'd really like to hold on to it for now.

Any ideas on how the SMS can be achieved via some further fiddling?
BDad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sending SMS via address book Reply with quote

[quote="exemacs"]I know you can send an SMS via address book if your phone is connected via bluetooth.
I have a Sony P900 and blue tooth is all set up and working but I cannot get Address book to send an SMS,
The option to send and SMS or Dial via P900 is greyed out.

Any Ideas ?

OS 10.3.5

Thanks[/quote]You can't send or receive SMS at this time on the P900. The SMS features in Address Book are AT command set based, which the P900 does not support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: