FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

V800 tips and tricks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: V800 Reply with quote

Great to hear that V800 will soon be able to be uesd with Salling Clicker.

A little off topic but has anyone else who has the V800 had an luck syncing it with iSync as else where on the net it is post as working with iSync,

Sorry again for the off topic posting (not many people I know who have this phone and OS X)

Thanks in advance
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: V800 Reply with quote

iSync can be made to work, using the normal set of tricks (add the V800s product ID to SyncServices config file and pair *from* the phone).

I can post instructions, if you're interested.

- jonas

[quote="Errol"]Great to hear that V800 will soon be able to be uesd with Salling Clicker.

A little off topic but has anyone else who has the V800 had an luck syncing it with iSync as else where on the net it is post as working with iSync,

Sorry again for the off topic posting (not many people I know who have this phone and OS X)

Thanks in advance[/quote]
Errol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, I wouldn't know where to start,

Thanks in adavnce

Errol
addyboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have it too, because I need to put my contacts on it, and exporting every contact too a vcard just takes too much time
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Setting up iSync with a V800 Reply with quote

Phase 1:

1. Quit iSync

2. In Terminal, type:
sudo pico /System/Library/SyncServices/BTConduit.bundle/Contents/Resources/BTConduit_phones.plist

3. Follow the existing pattern in the file, adding:
<key>Sony Ericsson--separator--AAD-3021011-BV</key>
<string>bttool</string>

4. Save the file (ctrl-O)

5. Quit (ctrl-X)

Phase 2:

6. Remove the pairing information from both your V800 and your Mac. I.e, remove the V800 from your Mac's list of paired devices (*not* from Favorites), and remove your Mac from the phone's list of Bluetooth devices.

7. Initiate pairing *from* your V800. After repeating the authentication key on your Mac, a service panel should pop up (on the Mac). Here, an iSync option should be available.

8. Now open iSync (it may take a minute for the new phone/V800 to show)

Sometimes, things will fail at step 7 (service dialog doesn't show). In that case, try repeating from step 6, possibly keeping iSync open at the same time.

This works for me. Of course, your mileage may vary. The V800 is not officially supported by iSync, and I'm not responsible for any ensuing Address Book mayhem.

Best of luck.
--
Jonas
addyboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting up iSync with a V800 Reply with quote

thanks!!.. it works.. you're the best :D
Errol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great worked a charm first time.

Thanks again

Errol
arch@ngel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: V800 Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]iSync can be made to work, using the normal set of tricks (add the V800s product ID to SyncServices config file and pair *from* the phone).

I can post instructions, if you're interested.

- jonas

[quote="Errol"]Great to hear that V800 will soon be able to be uesd with Salling Clicker.

Thanks in advance[/quote][/quote]

I just paired my V800 with my iBook and it worked with iSync without modifying any software! How come? I tried with 2 iBooks and both works with iSync with no modifying needed. I use 10.3.6 and the internal bluetooth adapter from Apple.

It did not work with iSync if i paired from computer but when pairing from V800 it worked fine. I can run iSync, connect to internet and fileexchange.
riddick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Where get the keys Reply with quote

Hi,

i want to add my Motorola E1000, but where do i get the complete key?

[b]edit:[/b] read it is the product id, but where do i get this?

<key>Motorola--separator--???-???????-??</key>

Thanks for infos
riddick

Last edited by riddick on Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Where get the keys Reply with quote

I don't think that'd work. Sorry.

- jonas

[quote="riddick"]Hi,

i want to add my Motorola E1000, but where do i get the complete key?

[b]edit:[/b] read it is the product id, but where do i get this?

<key>Motorola--separator--???-???????-??</key>

Thanks for infos
riddick
[/b][/quote]
addyboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Where get the keys Reply with quote

With the new iCal and Mac OS X Update, iCal is not working anymore :(.. Any tips? (when I start iCal it does not respond to anything)
zappy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Setting up iSync with a V800 Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Phase 2:

7. Initiate pairing *from* your V800. After repeating the authentication key on your Mac, a service panel should pop up (on the Mac). Here, an iSync option should be available.[/quote]

When I try to pair from the V800 I get an error message on the V800 after a short while and the Mac does not show anything (but I can hear disk usage). Pairing initiated from the Mac does work but does not allow iSync usage :-(. I even tried to add a new device to iSync manually (after editing BTConduit_phones.plist) but it does not seem to like the V800 (iSync connects to the V800 but immediately disconnects again and tells me that no device is available).
niji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: 802se Reply with quote

hello,

i have the japan version of the v800.
however, when i use the script that is provided here, the phone is never found in iSync, and therefore wont sync.
i can successfully transfer files from mac to the 802se and pair them ok for regular bluetooth file communication.
iSync doesnt work, however.

is it possible/likely that the fone's ID string that is provided in the script given here for the v800 is different for the 802se?

i have looked at the info in my fone's stored info place, and cant really see a common 7character string - two character string that would be obviously interchangable to refer to the 802se.

i list below here some of the the info held inside the memory of the 802se, which, if any of this ID can i use to replace into the script mentioned on this site to get an iSync that syncs with the 802se?

quote:

R1G001
prgCXC125842_JAPAN_VA

ITP SWversion
CXC 125834R1F

CDA1022595/ 12R35A
cxc125840R1G001
JP1_VA

endquote.

thnks
niji
Jim Swanson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Japanese V802SE/iSync Connectivity Reply with quote

[quote="niji"]
is it possible/likely that the fone's ID string that is provided in the script given here for the v800 is different for the 802se?
[/quote]

I finally got my hands on one of these today and sure enough, I couldn't add it to my iSync device list. However, the problem is not the phones ID string. Here are some of the results I got from querying it.

AT+GMM
Sony Ericsson V800-Vodafone 802SE

AT+CGMM
AAD-3021011-BV

AT+CGMR
ECSEKDA ld_violetta_crh109338_r7e-ec_iso U100_PHONE_WCDMA_4MBRAM

So, Jonas' trick of adding to the SyncServices config file should work, but it doesn't.
Anything else I can try?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese V802SE/iSync Connectivity Reply with quote

I think you're out of luck.

If you're curious, it might be a fun experiment to try it with MobileSync. I can help you turn on full logging, if it doesn't work. Cannot do the same for iSync, though.

- jonas

[quote="Jim Swanson"][quote="niji"]
[/quote]

I finally got my hands on one of these today and sure enough, I couldn't add it to my iSync device list. However, the problem is not the phones ID string. Here are some of the results I got from querying it.

AT+GMM
Sony Ericsson V800-Vodafone 802SE

AT+CGMM
AAD-3021011-BV

AT+CGMR
ECSEKDA ld_violetta_crh109338_r7e-ec_iso U100_PHONE_WCDMA_4MBRAM

So, Jonas' trick of adding to the SyncServices config file should work, but it doesn't.
Anything else I can try?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: