FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Japanese V802SE (V800) Compatibility

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Swanson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Japanese V802SE (V800) Compatibility Reply with quote

Tested and confirmed working. Jonas, I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

[i]Back to that off topic thing...[/i]
I'm still trying to work out why iSync doesn't want to play with this 802SE,
it's not as if they changed protocols or MobileSync wouldn't work, either.
If people are successfully syncing with their v800's and iSync, and the ID string is the same as the 802SE, what else can be preventing the device from showing up when scanning with iSync?

-Jim
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese V802SE (V800) Compatibility Reply with quote

That's great news for those who want to use MobileSync. I do not know why iSync isn't working with it, though.

- jonas

[quote="Jim Swanson"]Tested and confirmed working. Jonas, I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

[i]Back to that off topic thing...[/i]
I'm still trying to work out why iSync doesn't want to play with this 802SE,
it's not as if they changed protocols or MobileSync wouldn't work, either.
If people are successfully syncing with their v800's and iSync, and the ID string is the same as the 802SE, what else can be preventing the device from showing up when scanning with iSync?

-Jim[/quote]
mxcantor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: sort of works, not really Reply with quote

I launched entourage today to my horror, just to try to sync it with my 802SE. It works fine for english contacts. when i try to sync contacts with japnaese names, the names dont come through right and the phone just shows '??' where the name should be. oh well, i hate programming with encodings too.

Max
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: