FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Z500a works :) How do I get files from my phone to my Mac?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Ericsson Client (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1jmyers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Z500a works :) How do I get files from my phone to my Mac? Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for a such a neat little program. :D

I have been successfully using the client to upload pictures, MIDI songs, and theme files to my Sony Ericsson Z500a phone via a Serial To USB cable under Mac OS 10.2.8. The Z500a uses many of the same accessories as the T68/T618 models, so I was pleasantly pleased when I found that this Mac OS X app worked with it as well.

I would like to figure out how to offload pictures and videos that I have taken with the built in VGA camera. Any idea how one might accomplish this task?

I read that some people were browsing their T68i phones using Bluetooth, but since my phone lacks BT, I can not try their methods. I am quite happy that I have progressed this far and hope to get the Phone to PC transfers working soon.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

J.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Z500a works :) How do I get files from my phone to my Ma Reply with quote

Neat. That'd be the first report on Z500a/USB that I've seen. Amazing that it works.

Going the other direction is not possible with EC, except you should be able to backup the calendar and address book, as per usual.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="v1jmyers"]Hello,

Thank you for a such a neat little program. :D

I have been successfully using the client to upload pictures, MIDI songs, and theme files to my Sony Ericsson Z500a phone via a Serial To USB cable under Mac OS 10.2.8. The Z500a uses many of the same accessories as the T68/T618 models, so I was pleasantly pleased when I found that this Mac OS X app worked with it as well.

I would like to figure out how to offload pictures and videos that I have taken with the built in VGA camera. Any idea how one might accomplish this task?

I read that some people were browsing their T68i phones using Bluetooth, but since my phone lacks BT, I can not try their methods. I am quite happy that I have progressed this far and hope to get the Phone to PC transfers working soon.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

J.[/quote]
v1jmyers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Z500a works :) How do I get files from my phone to my Ma Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Jonas.

I am able to backup the address book and calendar correctly using EC.

I wonder what kind of programming it would take to make EC browse and get files from the phone? You mentioned that it is not possible. Does that mean with all phones, or with just a few models of Sony Ericsson phones?

I really wish Sony Ericsson or Apple Computer would write a Mac version of the synch software that is already available for Windows. It's really a drag that Mac users are left to fend for themselves when it comes to making things work.

Necessity is the mother of invention, though, and we are fortunate that you found it necessary to invent EC! :D

I hope one day that you can develop file retrieval functionality using these phones. I would gladly donate some money for your efforts if you achieve that level of access to my phone.

Thanks again for producing EC. It's a big step in the right direction.

Jaeson.

[quote="salling"]Neat. That'd be the first report on Z500a/USB that I've seen. Amazing that it works.

Going the other direction is not possible with EC, except you should be able to backup the calendar and address book, as per usual.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]
dextepayne

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Z500 wi EC Reply with quote

Hi,

I read with interest your mention of synching the Z500 with this software. I have had no luck! (OS 10.3.7) Can you tell me how you did it? Id really appreciate any help!

Dexter Payne
QuarterSwede

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to connect my PowerBook to my z500a as well. Any info on how to setup the software or phone to get it to connect? I'd love to know as well since then I won't have to fork over a ton of money for a Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phone.

I'd gladly pay for this software if I can get it to connect.
QuarterSwede

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've found out that I have the DCU-11 USB cable and not the Ericsson to serial and serial to usb cable. I really wish someone would write drivers for the DCU-11 USB cable as I wouldn't have to buy a workaround for a cable I [i][b]already have[/b][/i].
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Ericsson Client (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: