FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Can't get it going on my s700i

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling's Remote Basics (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
movimentum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Can't get it going on my s700i Reply with quote

Hi There,

i just can't get it running on my s700i. (the remote basis/free download)
I can send the HID files with bluetooth from my mac and i can reveive them on my phone. But when i want to run the program )for example itunes) from my s700i it will start trying to contact the mac again and it keeps failing to do so. It then just simply can not find or conect with my power book.
I deleted the pairing and started it up again and tried it several times.
What should i do to get it running? :(

Paul
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get it going on my s700i Reply with quote

Sounds like a Bluetooth problem perhaps. What OS version and Bluetooth hardware do you have? All the latest drivers/firmwares installed?

- jonas

[quote="movimentum"]Hi There,

I can send the HID files with bluetooth from my mac and i can reveive them on my phone. But when i want to run the program )for example itunes) from my s700i it will start trying to contact the mac again and it keeps failing to do so. It then just simply can not find or conect with my power book.

Paul[/quote]
movimentum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get it going on my s700i Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Sounds like a Bluetooth problem perhaps. What OS version and Bluetooth hardware do you have? All the latest drivers/firmwares installed?

- jonas

[quote="movimentum"]Hi There,

Paul[/quote][/quote]

Yep Mac osx 10.3.9
and no problems with bluetooth using file exchange or sending files or isync.... now updating firmware for bluetooth just in case.
Any other tips?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please get back after the firmware update. Remote Basics uses different technologies than Bluetooth File Exchange, and requires a more recent firmware.

Best.
--
Jonas
movimentum

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: still trying.. Reply with quote

just updated firmware. Als deleted all hid files on phone and mac, downloaded remote basic again from site, then installed itunes hid on s700i, asked to try straight away, but still could not connect to mac, can't connect to app. Don't understand, still doing something wrong. Also can't find where i am supposed to mark that the device should be used as remote or mouse? grrrrrr want this to work :(

thnx 4 help up till now. Am not a hardcore ueser, am easy user :D
shouldn't be to hard to use?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: still trying.. Reply with quote

Did you follow the instructions, making sure to tick the checkbox "Use as remote control" when you ran Bluetooth Setup Assistant with your phone?

- jonas

[quote="movimentum"]just updated firmware. Als deleted all hid files on phone and mac, downloaded remote basic again from site, then installed itunes hid on s700i, asked to try straight away, but still could not connect to mac, can't connect to app. Don't understand, still doing something wrong. Also can't find where i am supposed to mark that the device should be used as remote or mouse? grrrrrr want this to work :(

thnx 4 help up till now. Am not a hardcore ueser, am easy user :D
shouldn't be to hard to use?[/quote]
jonniej

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try choosing the Access the internet with your phone's data connection.

Don't know why but it made a difference when I trying to pair my K750i with my iBook. After successfully pairing and controlling my PB I wanted to control the iBook I have connected to my Stereo and TV. On first attempt I paired the phone but couldn't use it to control the iBook. Second attempt I checked Access the internet option and all worked after that.
HTH
Cheers J
uncleunvoid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: S700i wont work Reply with quote

it's not only the remote basic software,
the normal Salling Clicker doesnt do it either.

there is a connection error: 4) cannot find the phone

apart from that the S700i's bluetooth is dodgy anyways, yes i got my tailormade bluetooth image sender working and my syncing is fine as well
I am using the latest Tiger 10.4.3

in addition, my old phone T610 was working super great with the clicker, now i have a new phone and it sucks, so please Jonas, get it going, stop new features and make the good old ones run on all phones please

and what is meant with the Acess the internet????
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uncleunvoid:

I do not understand your post. Does it have anything to do with this thread?

Best.
--
Jonas
uncleunvoid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: s700i Reply with quote

very much it refers to the bluetooth connection not being able to be established with the S700i model on a mac version of salling clicker.

the beginning of the thread is mentioning that

i have the same experience , so it seems that the software doesnt do it with a S700i phone for some reason

have you checked on that?

is it fixed, as its been a bummer to be able to use it before on my T610 and the assumption would be "better phone better service"

marcus
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: s700i Reply with quote

A Misunderstanding. This part of the forums is about Remote Basics. The original post is about Remote Basics.

You're having a completely different problem from the original poster. I'm convinced the original poster's problem was due to a misconfiguration.

Now:

"Cannot find the phone" is a rather (early) low-level error. Basically, we're told that given the device address, the OS cannot connect to the phone. If the problem was more subtle, there'd be another error message.

Normally, this would mean:

1. The phone's firmware has broken down, requiring a restart.
2. The phone's Bluetooth is off.
3. The user has replaced the phone but forgotten to instruct Clicker about it.
4. The phone is out of range.
5. The phone is busy scanning for devices.
6. Another application on the Mac is frantically scanning for devices.
7. Mac OS X's Bluetooth stack has broken down, requiring a restart.
8. The user is running the software on an Intel Mac (in Rosetta).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="uncleunvoid"]very much it refers to the bluetooth connection not being able to be established with the S700i model on a mac version of salling clicker.

the beginning of the thread is mentioning that

i have the same experience , so it seems that the software doesnt do it with a S700i phone for some reason

have you checked on that?

is it fixed, as its been a bummer to be able to use it before on my T610 and the assumption would be "better phone better service"

marcus[/quote]
uncleunvoid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: more tests Reply with quote

okay after about three tries i get

terminal didnt return expected data
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: more tests Reply with quote

Okay. What, exactly, is the error message? I need the error code too.

What version of Clicker are you using?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="uncleunvoid"]okay after about three tries i get

terminal didnt return expected data[/quote]
uncleunvoid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: clicker version and error message Reply with quote

first i am getting picture 1 attachment, but i guess thats the phone's dodgy bluetooth. yet...

and the after initial detection (i see the clicker logo lighting up another blue bar) i am getting this blend-in message picture 2 attachment

both see extracted attachment

clicker is version 2.2(398)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could upgrade to the latest version before we go any further in troubleshooting this? I continously monitor firmware changes made in phones that break old versions, to incorporate workaround whenever possible.

Best.
--
Jonas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling's Remote Basics (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: