FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

V800 w/ Tiger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadget007

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: V800 w/ Tiger Reply with quote

there's another V800 tips & tricks post out relating to 10.3

I upgraded to Tiger on Friday, but, after finally getting my V800 to work with iSync thanks to Sallings info in the above post, i lost all iSync compat again.

well, i started trying to follow the tips & tricks info, but found the btconduit file empty. so went back to Bluetooth preferences, deleted the pairing on both my mac and my SE V800 - and voila - isync now works again no probs. well kinda. Still can not send SMS text messages by option clicking on a persons mobile # in address book and clicking send SMS. it 'seems' to work, but the other person never receives the text message.

bummer
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this if you want to know why iSync failed for you:

http://216.58.174.153/salling/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2368

Best.
--
Jonas
gadget007

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, thanks. I read that post of yours b4, but didnt really take much note of it until now. :oops:

any idea's why the SMS sending through address book doesn't work?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Haven't looked into that. I'd presume it may not be compatible with the V800. Possibly, the old Panther tricks for adding device support to AB work; I haven't had time to dig into it yet.

- jonas

[quote="gadget007"]cool, thanks. I read that post of yours b4, but didnt really take much note of it until now. :oops:

any idea's why the SMS sending through address book doesn't work?[/quote]
leif_ivan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: V800 w/ Tiger Reply with quote

.... Still can not send SMS text messages by option clicking on a persons mobile # in address book and clicking send SMS. it 'seems' to work, but the other person never receives the text message.

bummer[/quote]

I have exactly the same experience. (But I get a message the the "unit is full" though it seem to sync allright) Annoying since I guess it should work. I can't find any article about it anywhere.

If we are not going to use Jonas workaround, is there anyone that knows where to look for information about Tiger and V800?
Leif
leif_ivan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND is it anyone that has tried Jonas old workaround (" the old Panthertrick")? I wouldn't really like to be the first since I am not so familiar with the terminal and WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING IN THERE..

Have anyone tried it yet?

Leif
Jimmy2gig

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: V800/Tiger Reply with quote

Hi All,

Like the rest I too have the problem with the V800 and address book. I can sync it perfectly well, no probs at all. When I have the phone linked with address book, the caller id comes up but I can't use AB to dial out or sms which didn't work in Panther either...
Just hope they fix that bug in the update! Any advice in the meantime would be good though ;)
leif_ivan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: V800/Tiger Reply with quote

[quote="Jimmy2gig"]When I have the phone linked with address book, the caller id comes up but I can't use AB to dial out or sms which didn't work in Panther either... ;)[/quote]

But the caller id isn't that one a part of Clicker? I think that is the reason as far as I can understand. But syncing works (with some problems that seem to be solved right now....
kees

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: V800/Tiger Reply with quote

[quote="Jimmy2gig"]Hi All,

Like the rest I too have the problem with the V800 and address book. I can sync it perfectly well, no probs at all. When I have the phone linked with address book, the caller id comes up but I can't use AB to dial out or sms which didn't work in Panther either...
Just hope they fix that bug in the update! Any advice in the meantime would be good though ;)[/quote]

There's a solution to this: slightly hacking your Address book. I found a postig on this by agent O at:

http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/archive/index.php/t-10763.html

It works perfectly for my v800, and goes like this:

1. Quit and backup your Address Book app... bla bla bla ...

2. Control click on the Address Book app, select Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents -> Resources.

3. Control click on Telephony.bundle, Show Package Contents, then navigate to Contents -> Resources

4. Open ABDeviceCommandSets.plist with Property List Editor (or a text editor to change the XML in a more primitive way)

5. Find this array in the ABDeviceCommandSets.plist: Root -> 1 -> ABDeviceModelStrings ... you should see two string entries here, T610 and Z600. Add another string entry, or change one that you will not use with the value V800. Save and quit

Now relaunch Address book. SMS and dialing may now work with your V800.

Hope this helps! Kees
leif_ivan

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: V800 vs addressbook... and a solution!! Reply with quote

:D THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!
This is really a goldstar for you waiting in a cyber heaven somewhere...

Leif
Jimmy2gig

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: You da man! Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you!

That worked a treat although I am having a few probs with Bluetooth at the moment but I can dial and send/receive sms now!
mkerschi

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!!
Michael
DBX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great hack! Thanks
hupalmer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: excellent!! Reply with quote

That is wonderful, I never touched a piece of code in my life, now I have and it works.. great!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: