FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

SonyEricsson + Mac + USB = Kernel Panic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hugin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: SonyEricsson + Mac + USB = Kernel Panic Reply with quote

Does anybody know anything about the annoying fact that you get kernel panic when you connect the phone with a usb cable?

I know that K750i and Z800i have this problem. I don't if this concerns even more models. It seems that this happens to everyone and not just a few.

Is there any solution? Does SonyEricsson know about this? I tried searching their support site, but that site sucks. :-/
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SonyEricsson + Mac + USB = Kernel Panic Reply with quote

I too have seen this. It happens under Tiger, but not under Panther.

I wouldn't be so quick as to blame Sony Ericsson for this. It may be easier for you to report the bug to Apple; after all, it's their software that crashes the computer.

FWIW: I have reported it to Apple...

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="hugin"]Does anybody know anything about the annoying fact that you get kernel panic when you connect the phone with a usb cable?

I know that K750i and Z800i have this problem. I don't if this concerns even more models. It seems that this happens to everyone and not just a few.

Is there any solution? Does SonyEricsson know about this? I tried searching their support site, but that site sucks. :-/[/quote]
hugin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: SonyEricsson + Mac + USB = Kernel Panic Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]FWIW: I have reported it to Apple...
[/quote]
Oh, great. Thanks.

I didn't know this was a Tiger only issue.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SonyEricsson + Mac + USB = Kernel Panic Reply with quote

Learned it the hard way...

- jonas

[quote="hugin"][quote="salling"]FWIW: I have reported it to Apple...
[/quote]
Oh, great. Thanks.

I didn't know this was a Tiger only issue.[/quote]
hugin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, a bugreport from a Mobile Phone Connection Software Developerô (or whatever I should call you ;-) ways heavier than a complaint from an ordinary user like myself.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I'd think the opposite. The more people report it, the better. You'd think kernel panics would be prioritized.

Best.
--
Jonas
Zatoichi23

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Fix for kernel crash... Reply with quote

Check out this driver:

http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~razzfazz/k750igrabber/

I haven't tried it yet but it makes sense.
hugin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience on how this bug behaves in 10.4.2? I haven't tried it much myself, since I don't like kernel panics. But the first reports I heard after 10.4.2 was released was that the bug remained.

Now I heard someone at Apple saying that the bug should be fixed in 10.4.2. Can it be that the bug is solved for some and remains for some?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: