FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

iSync crash on upgraded Tiger Mac Mini 10.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecolor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: iSync crash on upgraded Tiger Mac Mini 10.4 Reply with quote

Problem:

I've never been able to use iSync on my Mac Mini (Tiger OS 10.4, initially 10.3). It crashes as soon as I bring it up. Any thoughts on why, and possibly a way to find and remove it entirely for a reinstall? I'd like to use the Bluetooth shareNet, but can't 'cause the mRouter does not exist on my box (or I can't find it) (possibly a part of why iSync crashes). The only item I can find related to iSync is one iSync.app (that's all).

Each time I try to do a reinstall with 1.2 (as it's the only download I can find for iSync (aside from updates) the install indicates there is nothing to install.

This makes me think the install is finding the newer version and won't install the older, however I can't find the newer on my machine except the .app to launch which unfortunately just crashes upon launch. :(

Thanks
John Laxson
Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

See what comes out of console.log and system.log when you run iSync. View them with the Console application, in /Applications/Utilities.

I had this problem during the seed releases of tiger, when they were moving libraries and stuff, and the old copies of changed apps didn't get deleted.

John

--

Edit:

BTW, what kind of phone are you trying to use (sounds like Symbian?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
thecolor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an A920 (UIQ). P800 to A1000 compat.

As for the logs, can't make heads nor tails of them, and can no longer find iSync on my sys. :( Hmmm.

Not under whereis, find or locate.
I did finally get it to open for .Mac but I'm not using that (don't want to pay).

I've also been informed (via another forum) that mRouter does not exist on Tiger (?).. is that true? That is preventing me from using the bluetooth internet connection now also . :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: