FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

T616 calendar events and Entourage synch wrong times

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: T616 calendar events and Entourage synch wrong times Reply with quote

I use MobileSynch to synch Entourage events to my Sony Ericsson T616 but the events appear on the T616 3hrs later than their times in Entourage. Can someone tell me how to fix this?
Ehlerzz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!
I had the same trouble once. The problem ocours because your time settings on the phone is not the same as the settings on your computer.
Make sure these settings are the same and that automatic summer/winther-time is also the same!
offyonder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've checked the phone settings... everything is in place as it was before I traveled east...

When I sync an appointment in my Entourage calendar for 10am it shows up on my phone calendar as a 9am appointment.

I was syncing fine between Entourage and my T616 out west. Then I went to the east coast with both my laptop and phone. I recall adjusting my time zone on my computer for my clock, and the phone updated itself. While in NYC, they synced fine. Now, I'm back on the west coast and things are an hour off. I've adjusted the computer timezones both in Entourage and in the OS.

Any other ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can assure you this is a configuration problem of some sort. Unfortunately, it's not all that easy to say what things isn't configured correctly. Here's a couple of things to check:

1. Turn off auto-timezone in your phone (set it manually)
2. Make sure DST is set correctly (a one-hour offset would indicate this is the issue)
3. Make sure your appointments in Entourage aren't in the wrong time-zone (you can schedule appointments in other timezones that your own).

Best.
--
Jonas
offyonder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: DST Reply with quote

Yeah, after I posted I started to play around with it a bit and noticed my phone had switched itself to wintertime DST already. Thanks for the hit list of things to check.

The setting of timezones in Entourage is interesting. I'm starting to play with that some... but those questions are for a different forum.

Ciao!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: