FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Dummy Message
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Fax with bluetooth Reply with quote

Den 29.11.02 13.38 skreiv David DeLorenzo :

> Thanks for the comments on how to connect to the
> internet using my T68i. It worked!
>=20
> But now I have another problem. I am trying to set
> FAXstf to send faxes from my laptop using my T68i.
> Unfortunately, when I have to choose the "modem port",
> only the apple internal modem is displayed. How can I
> make that FAXstf recognize the bluetooth adaptor (and
> therefore the T68i), and use it to send faxes?
>=20
> thanks,
>=20
> David
>=20
You can=B9t. Newer FaxSTF is only designed for internal modem.

Use Cocoa eFax (http://www.macadvocacy.com/cocoaefax.htm).

SS=E6
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: P800 compatibility Reply with quote

Hello,

When should we expect SonyEricsson P800 compatibility for EricssonClient?
I have a P800 and unfortunately must move vCards 1 by 1 through the
Bluetooth File Exchange...

Any info greatly appreciated!


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: p800?!? Reply with quote

hello ericsson-fans and friends!

there was some bad news on the radio today in germany.
the message was that ericsson will release ist p800 just in sweden and
nowhere else...
did anybode else get that bulletin ? ;-(
i hope NOT ! ;-)

greetings,
steve
____________________________________________________________________________

steve | Email: steve@s... | "ruhe gibt's genug
schutzbier | Fon: +49-(0)700 - STEVE000 | nach dem tod !"
| Mobile: +49-(0)172 - 8 533 683 |
| WWW: http://www.schutzbier.com | - herbert groenemeyer
| ICQ: 44282036 | - chaos
____________________________________________________________________________


> Von: ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
> Antworten an: ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
> Datum: 12 Dec 2002 17:39:33 -0000
> An: ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
> Betreff: Digest Number 151
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> There is 1 message in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. Re: Re: IrDA port
> From: James Hodge
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________________
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:22:34 +1100
> From: James Hodge
> Subject: Re: Re: IrDA port
>
>> Actually, the IrDA port was there up through the Rev. C (500/667 Mhz +
>> Combo Drive) PowerBooks.  It was removed starting with Rev. D (667/800
>> Mhz DVI) models.  They added DVI and an audio in.  I can't say if that
>> was a good idea or not. :-)
>>
> My apologies - I stand corrected. There's an IrDA port on my Rev A 400
> and Rev B 550.
>
>
> --
> James Hodge
> Web Developer
> The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd
>
> ________________________________________________________________
>
> Please note that our office is closed 23 Dec 2002 through 3 January
> 2003 - all the best to everyone over the Christmas period
> ________________________________________________________________
>
> Check out Beaten Track Group's Image Library!
> http://photo.beatentrack.com.au
> (or take the guided tour at
> http://photo.beatentrack.com.au/test_invite_final.html)
>
>
> ACN 098 473 306
>
> PO Box 800, Dickson ACT 2602, AUSTRALIA
> Ground Floor, 214 Northborne Avenue, Braddon, ACT, 2612, AUSTRALIA
>
> ph +61 2 6246 2771 fax +61 2 6246 2769
>
> james.hodge@b...
> http://www.beatentrack.com.au
> ________________________________________________________________________
> ____
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This message and any attachments
> contain confidential information intended only for the use of the
> addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
> MUST NOT forward, print, copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose
> its contents to any person. If you have received this message in error
> please immediately notify the sender and delete the original
> transmission and any accompanying attachments from your computer and
> destroy any copies.
>
> The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd does not warrant that this message is
> virus free, and will not be responsible for any damage caused by a
> virus in this message. It is the responsibility of the receiver of
> this message to use suitable software to protect its systems from
> viruses.
>
> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
> except where the sender has the authority to issue and specifically
> states them to be the views of The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd.
>
>
> [This message contained attachments]
>
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________________
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: p800?!? Reply with quote

This just came in from Reuters.

The first production batch of the P800-model will be available in the
following countries before christmas:
- Sweden
- Norway
- Denmark
- Finland
- Italy
- Greece
- Saudi Arabia
- UAE
- Hongkong

Obviously, the phone will be available in other countries as the
production ramps up (after x-mas).

Cheers,
Jonas

On fredag, dec 13, 2002, at 00:02 Europe/Stockholm, steve schutzbier
wrote:

> hello ericsson-fans and friends!
>
> there was some bad news on the radio today in germany.
> the message was that ericsson will release ist p800 just in sweden and
> nowhere else...
> did anybode else get that bulletin ? ;-(
> i hope NOT ! ;-)
>
> greetings,
> steve
> _______________________________________________________________________
> _____
>
> steve | Email: steve@s... | "ruhe gibt's genug
> schutzbier | Fon: +49-(0)700 - STEVE000 | nach dem tod !"
> | Mobile: +49-(0)172 - 8 533 683 |
> | WWW: http://www.schutzbier.com | - herbert groenemeyer
> | ICQ: 44282036 | - chaos
> _______________________________________________________________________
> _____
>
>
>> Von: ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
>> Antworten an: ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
>> Datum: 12 Dec 2002 17:39:33 -0000
>> An: ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com
>> Betreff: Digest Number 151
>>
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> --
>>
>> There is 1 message in this issue.
>>
>> Topics in this digest:
>>
>> 1. Re: Re: IrDA port
>> From: James Hodge
>>
>>
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> __
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> __
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:22:34 +1100
>> From: James Hodge
>> Subject: Re: Re: IrDA port
>>
>>> Actually, the IrDA port was there up through the Rev. C (500/667 Mhz
>>> +
>>> Combo Drive) PowerBooks.  It was removed starting with Rev. D
>>> (667/800
>>> Mhz DVI) models.  They added DVI and an audio in.  I can't say if
>>> that
>>> was a good idea or not. :-)
>>>
>> My apologies - I stand corrected. There's an IrDA port on my Rev A
>> 400
>> and Rev B 550.
>>
>>
>> --
>> James Hodge
>> Web Developer
>> The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd
>>
>> ________________________________________________________________
>>
>> Please note that our office is closed 23 Dec 2002 through 3 January
>> 2003 - all the best to everyone over the Christmas period
>> ________________________________________________________________
>>
>> Check out Beaten Track Group's Image Library!
>> http://photo.beatentrack.com.au
>> (or take the guided tour at
>> http://photo.beatentrack.com.au/test_invite_final.html)
>>
>>
>> ACN 098 473 306
>>
>> PO Box 800, Dickson ACT 2602, AUSTRALIA
>> Ground Floor, 214 Northborne Avenue, Braddon, ACT, 2612, AUSTRALIA
>>
>> ph +61 2 6246 2771 fax +61 2 6246 2769
>>
>> james.hodge@b...
>> http://www.beatentrack.com.au
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> __
>> ____
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This message and any
>> attachments
>> contain confidential information intended only for the use of the
>> addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
>> MUST NOT forward, print, copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose
>> its contents to any person. If you have received this message in
>> error
>> please immediately notify the sender and delete the original
>> transmission and any accompanying attachments from your computer and
>> destroy any copies.
>>
>> The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd does not warrant that this message is
>> virus free, and will not be responsible for any damage caused by a
>> virus in this message. It is the responsibility of the receiver of
>> this message to use suitable software to protect its systems from
>> viruses.
>>
>> Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
>> sender,
>> except where the sender has the authority to issue and specifically
>> states them to be the views of The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd.
>>
>>
>> [This message contained attachments]
>>
>>
>>
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> __
>> ______________________________________________________________________
>> __
>>
>>
>>
>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
>> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>>
>>
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: p800?!? Reply with quote

Indeed the P800 is out in Denmark (and other places). I got mine a
week before christmas. And it's a really nice phone. There are some
issues tho. I can't seem to make it work with any serial connection
based apps (Ericsson Client and GSM Remote has been tried to far). And
iSync being based on IrMC (and not SyncML) isn't working either. The
standard OBEX based file transfer app that Apple provides work tho.

SyncML is the way to go if anyone wants to make a sync client for the
phone. I'm playing with it over BT (having some trouble with the Apple
BT API tho). And in all likelyhood Apple will include it in the final
iSync too.

--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Salling
wrote:
> This just came in from Reuters.
>
> The first production batch of the P800-model will be available in the
> following countries before christmas:
> - Sweden
> - Norway
> - Denmark
> - Finland
> - Italy
> - Greece
> - Saudi Arabia
> - UAE
> - Hongkong
>
> Obviously, the phone will be available in other countries as the
> production ramps up (after x-mas).
>
> Cheers,
> Jonas
>
> On fredag, dec 13, 2002, at 00:02 Europe/Stockholm, steve schutzbier
> wrote:
>
> > hello ericsson-fans and friends!
> >
> > there was some bad news on the radio today in germany.
> > the message was that ericsson will release ist p800 just in sweden and
> > nowhere else...
> > did anybode else get that bulletin ? ;-(
> > i hope NOT ! ;-)
> >
> > greetings,
> > steve



Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: GPRS internet access in Europe (Germany) Reply with quote

Dear members of the list,

I am using my T68i and my Apple Powerbook G3
(connected using bluetooth) to connect to the internet
in Germany, but I am using all the time a standard GSM
connection through a standard phone call to my
Internet Service Provider (ISP).

I would like to configure the system to use the GPRS
capabilities that my phone offers. Is that possible?
(since there is no "phone call", GPRS is always
active, when you use it, just stablish a "connection".
In this way, I don't know where to put the login and
password information of my ISP...).

thanks!

David

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: GPRS internet access in Europe (Germany) Reply with quote

Hi,

The best place to get this info is from the Apple Bluetooth Discussion
Forum.

This site should have what you need

http://www.taniwha.org.uk/

The file here may work

http://www.taniwha.org.uk/files/EricssonGPRSMay02.hqx

Regards

Scott
There
--- ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com wrote:
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> There is 1 message in this issue.
>
> Topics in this digest:
>
> 1. GPRS internet access in Europe (Germany)
> From: David DeLorenzo
>
>
>
________________________________________________________________________
>
________________________________________________________________________
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 04:42:38 -0800 (PST)
> From: David DeLorenzo
> Subject: GPRS internet access in Europe (Germany)
>
> Dear members of the list,
>
> I am using my T68i and my Apple Powerbook G3
> (connected using bluetooth) to connect to the internet
> in Germany, but I am using all the time a standard GSM
> connection through a standard phone call to my
> Internet Service Provider (ISP).
>
> I would like to configure the system to use the GPRS
> capabilities that my phone offers. Is that possible?
> (since there is no "phone call", GPRS is always
> active, when you use it, just stablish a "connection".
> In this way, I don't know where to put the login and
> password information of my ISP...).
>
> thanks!
>
> David
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
> http://mailplus.yahoo.com
>
>
>
________________________________________________________________________
>
________________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: GPRS internet access in Europe (Germany) Reply with quote

Who is your mobile provider? I use Orange (UK) and they sent me an
SMS containing the settings which self-installed on my T68i.

You can use GPRS service from Orange (OK) pretty much anywhere in
Europe for the same cost per MB.

The script they suggest using in the Bluetooth Modem tab of the
Network System Preference (10.2.2) is the Ericsson Infrared script.
Don't worry about it not actually being IR that you are using, it
works fine for Bluetooth.

My GPRS connection is fast and very reliable. The only problem is the
high cost of the data transfer.

cheers

Tommy Beavitt

>Dear members of the list,
>
>I am using my T68i and my Apple Powerbook G3
>(connected using bluetooth) to connect to the internet
>in Germany, but I am using all the time a standard GSM
>connection through a standard phone call to my
>Internet Service Provider (ISP).
>
>I would like to configure the system to use the GPRS
>capabilities that my phone offers. Is that possible?
>(since there is no "phone call", GPRS is always
>active, when you use it, just stablish a "connection".
>In this way, I don't know where to put the login and
>password information of my ISP...).
>
>thanks!
>
>David

--
-
http://www.scoraig.com

UK Orange mobile +44 (0)7966 294458; UK Vodafone +44(0)7787 158073
If calling from a UK or international landline please ask me to call you back

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GPRS internet access in Europe (Germany) Reply with quote

I am on T-Mobile US and recently traveled throughout Germany and the UK
using GPRS on my G4 PowerBook and T68i. I was able to log on via bluetooth
almost everywhere. I don=B9t find that throughputs are very fast but I thin=
k
that there is still a billing issue where the US provider
(voicestream/tmobile) cannot bill through GPRS usage as of yet. However, my
next bill will confirm that one i=B9m sure.

I just used the same settings that I use in the US to log on.

David

On 1/7/03 11:54, "Tommy Beavitt" wrote:

> Who is your mobile provider? I use Orange (UK) and they sent me an
> SMS containing the settings which self-installed on my T68i.
>=20
> You can use GPRS service from Orange (OK) pretty much anywhere in
> Europe for the same cost per MB.
>=20
> The script they suggest using in the Bluetooth Modem tab of the
> Network System Preference (10.2.2) is the Ericsson Infrared script.
> Don't worry about it not actually being IR that you are using, it
> works fine for Bluetooth.
>=20
> My GPRS connection is fast and very reliable. The only problem is the
> high cost of the data transfer.
>=20
> cheers
>=20
> Tommy Beavitt
>=20
>> >Dear members of the list,
>> >
>> >I am using my T68i and my Apple Powerbook G3
>> >(connected using bluetooth) to connect to the internet
>> >in Germany, but I am using all the time a standard GSM
>> >connection through a standard phone call to my
>> >Internet Service Provider (ISP).
>> >
>> >I would like to configure the system to use the GPRS
>> >capabilities that my phone offers. Is that possible?
>> >(since there is no "phone call", GPRS is always
>> >active, when you use it, just stablish a "connection".
>> >In this way, I don't know where to put the login and
>> >password information of my ISP...).
>> >
>> >thanks!
>> >
>> >David


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Birthdays Reply with quote

How about getting birthdays in Entourage to sync???

Chad


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Birthdays Reply with quote

As all-day events? I didn't have any plans for this. May be a good
idea. I'll think about it.

Cheers,
Jonas

On onsdag, jan 15, 2003, at 17:48 Europe/Stockholm,
wrote:

> How about getting birthdays in Entourage to sync???
>
> Chad
>
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> ---------------------~-->
> Flexible Keyboard is the ideal accessory for PDA users that are on the
> move.
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/dCBVZC/WnCFAA/xGHJAA/EGnolB/TM
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> ~->
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Background image problems Reply with quote

if you get it to work on at&t network using the "phone" or voice
side....with a bluetooth modem let me know...as other are wanting to
now as well.

lots of people get...."carrier not detected" when trying to dial
out....:(

setup entails: dlink bluetooth adapter
pismo
os 10.2.3
and the bluetooth modem has been set to t39 9.6 and t3919.2 ....
nothing works

anybody else any ideas?

Check you later BOB
Robert Klabik
3AR Productions
AIM:Tangus999
216-496-2621


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Background image problems Reply with quote

So far I've gotten it to work with RoadRunner dial up,
using Virtual PC under Winblows 98. The problem is it
only connects at 9600 baud, even though the specs say
it can connect at 56k, and Roadrunner will accept any
speed modem... somehow it's connecting as a GSM and
not using it as a true modem, as the BT specs for the
ericsson say it can connect as high as 115000 kbs.

I'm currently trying to use Windows XP, but if anyone
knows how OS X can handle dialup scripts, I could get
it to work under X and circumvent the Virtual PC
nonsense.

For AT&T try this link:
http://www.obzorg.org/archives/00000054.shtml



--- Robert Klabik wrote:
> if you get it to work on at&t network using the
> "phone" or voice
> side....with a bluetooth modem let me know...as
> other are wanting to
> now as well.
>
> lots of people get...."carrier not detected" when
> trying to dial
> out....:(
>
> setup entails: dlink bluetooth adapter
> pismo
> os 10.2.3
> and the bluetooth modem has been set to t39 9.6 and
> t3919.2 ....
> nothing works
>
> anybody else any ideas?
>
> Check you later BOB
> Robert Klabik
> 3AR Productions
> AIM:Tangus999
> 216-496-2621
>
>


__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobilesync Reply with quote

Ja, och nu ligger det ytterligare 2 till att ta bort. =) Din och Jonas
citat-text.

/Patric Malm
ApplePaj AB, MacNytt.com



On tisdag, jan 28, 2003, at 20:45 Europe/Stockholm, Olof Forsberg wrote:

> Hej Jonas !
>
> Är det klokt att lägga ut serienummer som vem som helst kan hitta via
> Yahoos
> hemsida? Tänkte på inlägget nedan..
>
> Mvh Olof


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: RE: Future of P800 support? Reply with quote

Just to clarify things a little, while iSync does not currently work with
the P800, you can very easily move contacts and files back and forth using
"Bluetooth File Exchange" which is built into OSX. And rich contact info is
preserved when moving Addressbook contacts (make sure you select vCard
format 2.1 in the Addressbook prefs).
For easy transfers I have placed BFE in the dock. I just select the contacts
in Addressbook and drag them over the BFE icon and they get transferred
right away.
While this is not syncing, it is not very time consuming and not difficult
to handle when dealing with contacts. On the other hand, I am desperately in
need of syncing for calendar events...


Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 4 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group