FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004 Reply with quote

In the past I used the script that allowed for look up of incoming calls via
Address book to display the callers information on the screen and then to post
the callers name and phone number to iCal. But I recently switch to Entourage
2004 and I have not been able to find any scripts that can do the similar thing
with Entourage (Address book lookup and creating of notes or events with the
callers information). Are there any scripts out there that can do this and I
just can't find them or do I need to try and write my own.

Thanks.

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004 Reply with quote

Hello Gary,

Would you mind sending me a copy of your original script? TIA.

Don Trammell

"Gary D. Brinkman" wrote:
In the past I used the script that allowed for look up of incoming calls via
Address book to display the callers information on the screen and then to post
the callers name and phone number to iCal. But I recently switch to Entourage
2004 and I have not been able to find any scripts that can do the similar thing
with Entourage (Address book lookup and creating of notes or events with the
callers information). Are there any scripts out there that can do this and I
just can't find them or do I need to try and write my own.

Thanks.

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT


---------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ericssonclient/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.



---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004 Reply with quote

I never did find an Entourage lookup and logging script, I guess most
people are using iCal & Address book. So I wrote one myself. If
anyone else thinks they might find it useful, you can get it here:
http://gdbjr.spymac.net/Entourage.html

enjoy.




--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, "Gary D. Brinkman"
wrote:
> In the past I used the script that allowed for look up of incoming
calls via
> Address book to display the callers information on the screen and
then to post
> the callers name and phone number to iCal. But I recently switch to
Entourage
> 2004 and I have not been able to find any scripts that can do the
similar thing
> with Entourage (Address book lookup and creating of notes or events
with the
> callers information). Are there any scripts out there that can do
this and I
> just can't find them or do I need to try and write my own.
>
> Thanks.


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004 Reply with quote

Excellent. I'll link to it, if you don't mind.

Thanks.
--
Jonas Salling
President, Salling Software AB

On 2004-06-11, at 21.10, Gary wrote:

> I never did find an Entourage lookup and logging script, I guess most
> people are using iCal & Address book. So I wrote one myself. If
> anyone else thinks they might find it useful, you can get it here:
> http://gdbjr.spymac.net/Entourage.html
>
> enjoy.
>
>
>
>
> --- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, "Gary D. Brinkman"
> wrote:
>> In the past I used the script that allowed for look up of incoming
> calls via
>> Address book to display the callers information on the screen and
> then to post
>> the callers name and phone number to iCal. But I recently switch to
> Entourage
>> 2004 and I have not been able to find any scripts that can do the
> similar thing
>> with Entourage (Address book lookup and creating of notes or events
> with the
>> callers information). Are there any scripts out there that can do
> this and I
>> just can't find them or do I need to try and write my own.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Guest






PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004 Reply with quote

I think it would be great if you linked to it. I am just happy to be
able to give a little something back to one of the best apps I have
ever come across.

Gary

--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Salling
wrote:
> Excellent. I'll link to it, if you don't mind.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Jonas Salling
> President, Salling Software AB
>
> On 2004-06-11, at 21.10, Gary wrote:
>
> > I never did find an Entourage lookup and logging script, I guess most
> > people are using iCal & Address book. So I wrote one myself. If
> > anyone else thinks they might find it useful, you can get it here:
> > http://gdbjr.spymac.net/Entourage.html
> >
> > enjoy.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, "Gary D. Brinkman"
> > wrote:
> >> In the past I used the script that allowed for look up of incoming
> > calls via
> >> Address book to display the callers information on the screen and
> > then to post
> >> the callers name and phone number to iCal. But I recently switch to
> > Entourage
> >> 2004 and I have not been able to find any scripts that can do the
> > similar thing
> >> with Entourage (Address book lookup and creating of notes or events
> > with the
> >> callers information). Are there any scripts out there that can do
> > this and I
> >> just can't find them or do I need to try and write my own.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004 Reply with quote

Jonas,

If possible could you change the link to my Entourage script as spymac.com has not
proven to be very reliable.

The new link is http://homepage.mac.com/gdbjr/scripts.html the old link will remain
active but I have no faith in spymac being able to serve up the pages.


Thanks

Gary Brinkman


--- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Salling wrote:
> Excellent. I'll link to it, if you don't mind.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Jonas Salling
> President, Salling Software AB
>
> On 2004-06-11, at 21.10, Gary wrote:
>
> > I never did find an Entourage lookup and logging script, I guess most
> > people are using iCal & Address book. So I wrote one myself. If
> > anyone else thinks they might find it useful, you can get it here:
> > http://gdbjr.spymac.net/Entourage.html
> >
> > enjoy.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, "Gary D. Brinkman"
> > wrote:
> >> In the past I used the script that allowed for look up of incoming
> > calls via
> >> Address book to display the callers information on the screen and
> > then to post
> >> the callers name and phone number to iCal. But I recently switch to
> > Entourage
> >> 2004 and I have not been able to find any scripts that can do the
> > similar thing
> >> with Entourage (Address book lookup and creating of notes or events
> > with the
> >> callers information). Are there any scripts out there that can do
> > this and I
> >> just can't find them or do I need to try and write my own.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >


Back to top
salling
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 7498
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Re: Address lookup & Logging Calls in Entourage 2004 Reply with quote

Done.

On 2004-06-15, at 14.44, Gary wrote:

> Jonas,
>
> If possible could you change the link to my Entourage script as
> spymac.com has not
> proven to be very reliable.
>
> The new link is http://homepage.mac.com/gdbjr/scripts.html the old
> link will remain
> active but I have no faith in spymac being able to serve up the pages.
>
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary Brinkman
>
>
> --- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Salling
> wrote:
>> Excellent. I'll link to it, if you don't mind.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Jonas Salling
>> President, Salling Software AB
>>
>> On 2004-06-11, at 21.10, Gary wrote:
>>
>>> I never did find an Entourage lookup and logging script, I guess most
>>> people are using iCal & Address book. So I wrote one myself. If
>>> anyone else thinks they might find it useful, you can get it here:
>>> http://gdbjr.spymac.net/Entourage.html
>>>
>>> enjoy.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --- In ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com, "Gary D. Brinkman"
>>>
>>> wrote:
>>>> In the past I used the script that allowed for look up of incoming
>>> calls via
>>>> Address book to display the callers information on the screen and
>>> then to post
>>>> the callers name and phone number to iCal. But I recently switch to
>>> Entourage
>>>> 2004 and I have not been able to find any scripts that can do the
>>> similar thing
>>>> with Entourage (Address book lookup and creating of notes or events
>>> with the
>>>> callers information). Are there any scripts out there that can do
>>> this and I
>>>> just can't find them or do I need to try and write my own.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group