FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Office 2004 sync?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Office 2004 sync? Reply with quote

I have recently installed office 2004 and would like to continue using this wonderful software to sync to my T610 but it seems that is does not work properly. The synchronization screen starts syncing and even resolving conflicts but right at the end it gives an error message that the phone does not accept the changes. Is this an incompatibility between Office 2004 and Mobilesync (and if so, will it be fixed) or is it another error?

Thanks

Dan :roll:
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Office 2004 sync? Reply with quote

MobileSync is compatilble.

Is this problem with contacts or the calendar?

[quote="Dan"]I have recently installed office 2004 and would like to continue using this wonderful software to sync to my T610 but it seems that is does not work properly. The synchronization screen starts syncing and even resolving conflicts but right at the end it gives an error message that the phone does not accept the changes. Is this an incompatibility between Office 2004 and Mobilesync (and if so, will it be fixed) or is it another error?

Thanks

Dan :roll:[/quote]
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem was with Calendar. I seemed to have fixed it by deleting and reinstalling both the Handheld Sync + Mobilesync as well as deleting my calenadr before sync on the mobile.

Cheers.
Dan
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I suspect either of these:

1. Your phone's calendar was full
2. The Handheld Sync package was old (not for 2004)

Either way, I'm glad you got it working again.

- jonas

[quote="Dan"]My problem was with Calendar. I seemed to have fixed it by deleting and reinstalling both the Handheld Sync + Mobilesync as well as deleting my calenadr before sync on the mobile.

Cheers.
Dan[/quote]
alletillglasshimlen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Hotsync without Palm??? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I want to sync Entourage 2004 with my K700i.
I have a demolicense of Mobilesync and the "Handheld Sync" for Office 2004. But I'm not able to install "Handheld sync" because I don't have Hotsync for Palm... Do I need that software?

Any ideas?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Hotsync without Palm??? Reply with quote

If you read the installation giude, you'll see that you have to create an empty folder for Handheld sync to install.

[quote="alletillglasshimlen"]Hi all,
I want to sync Entourage 2004 with my K700i.
I have a demolicense of Mobilesync and the "Handheld Sync" for Office 2004. But I'm not able to install "Handheld sync" because I don't have Hotsync for Palm... Do I need that software?

Any ideas?[/quote]
jdavis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do we install the Handheld sync folder? I've tried inside the Applications Support folder and I named the new folder "Handheld sync" and "Palm Hotsync" but those didn't work.

I'm running 10.3.5 with Entourage X.

Thanks for the patience.
jdavis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Handheld sync to install. This is what I did after it told me I was missing the Palm Hotsync folder.

In the Library/Application Support folder, I created a folder named "Palm Hotsync." Inside that folder I created a folder named "Palm Conduits." Lo and behold, Handheld sync installed properly.

Note: this only works in the root level libary folder, ie NOT in the User/library/application support folder.

Hope this helps.
greencode

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: office 2004 sync Reply with quote

i'm still having problems syncing with 2004 and a T610. it seems to do some stuff and not others. i've completely wiped the calander from my phone but it still doesn't add some items.

i had no problems in Office X.

any more ideas?
Gavin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Can't Sync Calendar items using Mobi & Entourage 200 Reply with quote

Hi Jonas, love your work, and have been using MobileSync for some time.
I have just upgrade Office to 2004, which has left me unable to sync my Calendar items.
I have:
- Reinstalled all applications with the exception of Office.
- Downloaded and installed the MS Handheld Sync app from the link provided on your Mobile Sync page (Ver 10.1.4 I believe).
- Deleted all contacts and calendar events prior to the second install and sync attempt.
- Deleted and re-paired the phone along with re-registering the application as if it was the first time setting up the solution.
- Set up the two folders, as detailed in your "Read Me". ('Palm 'HotSync' and 'Conduits'.) - Nice and clear for the people whom take the time to read it!

On the first Sync, the contacts seemed to be imported ok, however, If i delete one in entourage, it doesn't update the phone.

NOTE: If I added a meeting event into the phone after the installation, it did say it was being added when trying to Sync. (Review Changes frame) However, the event wasn't visible in the entourage calendar.

The calendar memory is empty! (Just in case your wondering)

This was an upgrade of entourage, I didn't delete the old version. These issues may have something to do with the OLD Microsoft User Data file being accessed.

I have just deleted a contact in entourage and then sync'ed, (not updated in the phone). I then deleted all phone contacts and re sync'ed with entourage. The deleted contact is not in entourage, BUT IS IN MY PHONE!

Sorry for the long message, but this could be a major issue for your clients whom upgraded their Office software.

Please advise - many thanks for your understanding.

Gavin
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Can't Sync Calendar items using Mobi & Entourage Reply with quote

Gavin,

Generally, I'd advise against having multiple versions of Office on your computer. The are a couple of reasons for this:

1. Entourage has a notification daemon. I don't think they necessarily play well together.

2. MobileSync connects to the version of Office that's pointed to by the alias file "OfficeSync prefs" in your Preferences folder. Office should maintain this alias, but if you have multple versions of Office, there's no telling where it may point to.

In your case, I suspect MobileSync is synchronizing the wrong Entourage version.

If you open the alias file in Text Edit (*don't* make changes to it), you should be able to figure out what Office MobileSync is pointed to.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Gavin"]Hi Jonas, love your work, and have been using MobileSync for some time.
I have just upgrade Office to 2004, which has left me unable to sync my Calendar items.
I have:
- Reinstalled all applications with the exception of Office.
- Downloaded and installed the MS Handheld Sync app from the link provided on your Mobile Sync page (Ver 10.1.4 I believe).
- Deleted all contacts and calendar events prior to the second install and sync attempt.
- Deleted and re-paired the phone along with re-registering the application as if it was the first time setting up the solution.
- Set up the two folders, as detailed in your "Read Me". ('Palm 'HotSync' and 'Conduits'.) - Nice and clear for the people whom take the time to read it!

On the first Sync, the contacts seemed to be imported ok, however, If i delete one in entourage, it doesn't update the phone.

NOTE: If I added a meeting event into the phone after the installation, it did say it was being added when trying to Sync. (Review Changes frame) However, the event wasn't visible in the entourage calendar.

The calendar memory is empty! (Just in case your wondering)

This was an upgrade of entourage, I didn't delete the old version. These issues may have something to do with the OLD Microsoft User Data file being accessed.

I have just deleted a contact in entourage and then sync'ed, (not updated in the phone). I then deleted all phone contacts and re sync'ed with entourage. The deleted contact is not in entourage, BUT IS IN MY PHONE!

Sorry for the long message, but this could be a major issue for your clients whom upgraded their Office software.

Please advise - many thanks for your understanding.

Gavin[/quote]
Gavin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: RE: Multiple Version of Office Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

I haven't installed multiple versions of Office, I just upgraded to Office 2004 and that's when my problem started.

Many thanks,

Gavin
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Multiple Version of Office Reply with quote

I thought you said you didn't "remove the old version", and you suspected the old entourage database was accessed.

Did you try inspecting the alias file I mentioned? Does it point to your current Office installation? Also, just to have things clarified, is the old version of Office still on your computer?

Another thing I guess we could try is to reset the sync database in MobileSync: hold control+option when you click Synchronize.

Best,
Jonas

[quote="Gavin"]Hi Jonas,

I haven't installed multiple versions of Office, I just upgraded to Office 2004 and that's when my problem started.

Many thanks,

Gavin[/quote]
Gavin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

Success!!

I only really suppected that there were two versions of Office running on the machine.

When using the (Upgrade Disk Set); I didn't recall seeing anything in Microsoft's documentation about removing the old Office X application before or after one upgraded to Office 2004.

Anyway, all is fine now, and thankyou so much for your prompt assistance.

Regards,

Gavin
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad it worked out for you, and hope that others with a similar problem will read this exchange.

Many thanks for the followup, Gavin.
--
Jonas

[quote="Gavin"]Hi Jonas,

Success!!

I only really suppected that there were two versions of Office running on the machine.

When using the (Upgrade Disk Set); I didn't recall seeing anything in Microsoft's documentation about removing the old Office X application before or after one upgraded to Office 2004.

Anyway, all is fine now, and thankyou so much for your prompt assistance.

Regards,

Gavin[/quote]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: