FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

K700 and Contact Pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: K700 and Contact Pictures Reply with quote

Here's a quick question that I've been rather mystified about. I ordered a K700 earlier this week, but it won't arrive until Wednesday.

(No idea what F/W version this will apply to, since the phone hasn't arrived yet, but I'm running OS X 10.3.5, FYI.)

When using iSync, does Address Book also transfer contacts' pictures? The K700 has the capability of displaying them, but I'd hate to have to transfer and select them all manually myself. If iSync can do this itself, I'd love the otherwise-near-spotless Sony Ericsson/Apple pairing forever. :D
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Re: K700 and Contact Pictures Reply with quote

iSync won't. This may be a limitation in the phone (was on older SEMC models).

[quote="CuriousGeorge"]Here's a quick question that I've been rather mystified about. I ordered a K700 earlier this week, but it won't arrive until Wednesday.

(No idea what F/W version this will apply to, since the phone hasn't arrived yet, but I'm running OS X 10.3.5, FYI.)

When using iSync, does Address Book also transfer contacts' pictures? The K700 has the capability of displaying them, but I'd hate to have to transfer and select them all manually myself. If iSync can do this itself, I'd love the otherwise-near-spotless Sony Ericsson/Apple pairing forever. :D[/quote]
CuriousGeorge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject: Hmmms.... Reply with quote

Ah, fudge. :wink: A bit disappointed in that, but suppose it's okay. :?

Okay, another problem... I just got my k700, and ran iSync earlier. Two things I've noticed:

First, Address Book entries that are just listed as companies appear as ".." on the phone. You have to manually add a "regular/person" name to fix it.

Second, iSync doesn't seem to want to transfer address or any of the other stuff over! :cry: Sure, addresses aren't [i]really[/i] necessary on your phone, but I like having 'em when I head off on random trips to the post office. And egad, adding them [i]manually[/i]? Who does that? :P

Has anybody else been able to get the k700 to pull over the addresses, during an iSync?

(Other than that, though, am happy as a clam with both the k700 and Remote Basics/Clicker! 8) )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: