FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

P900 BIG problem syncing with Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mountainboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: P900 BIG problem syncing with Mac Reply with quote

Can't sync with isync-it is greyed out. Have read forum- Brandons solution looks way complicted. Tried a Simon Spence addition but Terminal wouldn't let me enter password. Canb anyone help. getting really frustrated with this have spent days at it. Got a G5 and using a Dlink Bluetooth adaptor. Will salling clicker help?
mountainboy
javascript:emoticon(':o')
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: P900 BIG problem syncing with Mac Reply with quote

Hello!

Salling Clicker doesn't attempt to do anything to help iSync work better. Perhaps someone else has tips on how to make iSync work for you?

- jonas

[quote="mountainboy"]Can't sync with isync-it is greyed out. Have read forum- Brandons solution looks way complicted. Tried a Simon Spence addition but Terminal wouldn't let me enter password. Canb anyone help. getting really frustrated with this have spent days at it. Got a G5 and using a Dlink Bluetooth adaptor. Will salling clicker help?
mountainboy
javascript:emoticon(':o')[/quote]
BDad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: P900 BIG problem syncing with Mac Reply with quote

[quote="mountainboy"]Can't sync with isync-it is greyed out. Have read forum- Brandons solution looks way complicted. Tried a Simon Spence addition but Terminal wouldn't let me enter password. Canb anyone help. getting really frustrated with this have spent days at it. Got a G5 and using a Dlink Bluetooth adaptor. Will salling clicker help?
mountainboy
javascript:emoticon(':o')[/quote]

That's the problem with techies. We assume everyone can pre-emptively read our minds. If the problem is still existing PM me and we'll get you sorted out.

B
jaylouvion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Sync problem with P900 Reply with quote

Unfortunately for you, the news is bad; Even though the P900 is featured in the iSync compatibble phones with Mac, one of the longest threads ever on the Apple discussions is trying to get to find a workaround on the appallingly bad sync between that particular phone and Mac. My colleague went all the way to moving back to a Palm because of the issue and I don't know if it has been resolved yet.
BDad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sync problem with P900 Reply with quote

[quote="jaylouvion"]Unfortunately for you, the news is bad; Even though the P900 is featured in the iSync compatibble phones with Mac, one of the longest threads ever on the Apple discussions is trying to get to find a workaround on the appallingly bad sync between that particular phone and Mac. My colleague went all the way to moving back to a Palm because of the issue and I don't know if it has been resolved yet.[/quote]Actually, with iSync 1.5 Apple resolved most of the issues. Remaining issues are: Lack of proper address book integration, and mRouter connectivity issues that are helped by using a program like Salling's Clicker.
jaylouvion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm pleased to hear that some issues were resolved, even though I think that adress book is just one of the most important ones that should be adressed... I won't rant on about the P900, since I myself am really pleased with a more humble but reliable T610... :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: