FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

sync to T68i is out by half an hour - help!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macca

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: sync to T68i is out by half an hour - help!! Reply with quote

Both time and date on both Entourage and phone are identical, and when syncing - appointments created on mac sync perfectly to phone. However - appointments created on phone appear in entourage half an hour earlier. Played around with reminder etc. but cant fix it - anyone got any ideas?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: sync to T68i is out by half an hour - help!! Reply with quote

macca,

This is a know issue, and it affects some locales where dst-jurisdiction has changed from now and 1907 (or some other year; don't quite remember now).

You have two options to fix this:

1. Change the locale to some place in the same time zone.

2. Download:
shareware.salling.com/Downloads/MobileSyncDot.dmg.gz

(2) should have this fix in it.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="macca"]Both time and date on both Entourage and phone are identical, and when syncing - appointments created on mac sync perfectly to phone. However - appointments created on phone appear in entourage half an hour earlier. Played around with reminder etc. but cant fix it - anyone got any ideas?[/quote]
macca

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - Thanks for the quick response.
I have tried a heap of other time zones (on both comp and phone) and they all work. As soon as i set to New Zealand (where i am) i.e. GMT+12hrs and 1hr summertime is when the problem occurs.
I now seem to have lost the ability to download appointments from comp to phone - but i'm sure i'll reslove that one!!!
Thanks.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you got the updated version I linked to then, and that took care of your time-diff problem?

- jonas

[quote="macca"]Hi - Thanks for the quick response.
I have tried a heap of other time zones (on both comp and phone) and they all work. As soon as i set to New Zealand (where i am) i.e. GMT+12hrs and 1hr summertime is when the problem occurs.
I now seem to have lost the ability to download appointments from comp to phone - but i'm sure i'll reslove that one!!!
Thanks.[/quote]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: