FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

P910 Syncing / USB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonColore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: P910 Syncing / USB Reply with quote

Syncing with SonyEricsson P910 seems to be very hard. I checked the forum regarding the P800 and P900, found some valuable information, but still it doesn't work the way I like it.

My configuration:
- PB 17" running Mac OS 10.3.6
- iSync 1.5
- Software is up to date as of 1.12.04

[b]Syncing via Bluetooth:[/b]
- Activate Bluetooth on the Mac first, then on the phone
- Start pairing mac and phone allways from the mac, never from the phone
- put the phone to allways accept requests from your Mac
=> File transfer via Bluetooth utility from Apple allways works. You can exchange pictures, video, sound & Symbian applications.
=> Syncing via iSync causes some trouble
- After switching on the phone, the first syncing with iSync allways works.
- Subsequent syncing most of the time fails (can not find P910)
- Even when syncing fails, Apple Bluetooth utility can send and receive files
- Patching the files as suggested in in the [url=http://216.58.174.153/salling/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1288&highlight=prolific]archives[/url] helps a bit but does not solve the problems

[b]Syncing via USB:[/b]
- nothing works. The phone does not show on the desktop. It is not awaylable to iSync
- Apple System Profiler shows as USB device "SEMC DSS SyncStation"
- Patching the files as suggested in in the [url=http://216.58.174.153/salling/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1288&highlight=prolific]archives[/url] does not solve the problems

Help !!! What else can I do ?[/url]
Planeten Paultje

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your post! I just got my P910i last week, and now I can sync (a phone restart did the job :-).

But it is clear that P910 support is seriously buggy. The phone icon doesn't appear and it doesn't always work, as you described.

As others have already written, iSync will have to be updated for this device. Let's send some mail to Apple, they have had about half a year now to implement support for the P910..........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
peaky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: P910 iSnch probs on OSX Reply with quote

good to see this thread - I have been struggling with my P910 since October using 10.3.5 / iSync 1.5 on a dual 1.25 MDD G4

SonyEricssons tech suppt gave me the "we dont support macs line" shame I bought the P910 on the strength of how well the T610 worked with my multiple mac set up.

So far I have had NO reply from Apple despite repeated posts - however I did notice they removed the P910 from the compatability chart in late Nov 04 - thanks guys I bought the P910 on the understanding that it WOULD work as it was on your list.

I am an art director that approves an annual tech spend of circa 30k including recommending all the comms for our ad agency - my TEST on the P910 could have resulted in 8x sales instead we have to look elsewhere - take note Sony Ericcson - your 'PC only line' is losing you sales - I regularly recommend to bigger agencies that we act as a "hotshop" for - my public flaming of this product has probably lost in excess of 100 sales at a top 10 London agency.

I have found a reboot prior to bluetooth synching works 'mostly' - there are "kern exceptions" from time to time where everything just freezes up and iSync errors. Considering this is a 500+ phone in the UK this REALLY sucks. Looks like next time I will have to buy a Motarola thats designed by Apple - c'mon guys when does it come out?

any fixes gratefully received
peaky
twodesign.net
DonColore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reasons Reply with quote

Perhaps the reasons for this incompatibility lies within the phone. Syncing seems to work fine with the P800 and P900. I hope SE will update their firmware soon......
peaky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: iSync fix in the works? Reply with quote

after attending something at the Apple store in London I was informed that the "fix" is in the works and should be part of Tiger coming soon

I would have thought SE still should do something at their end...

if anyone has any work arounds in the meantime please post on this thread here

thanks
peaky
DonColore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: The funny thing happening last monday Reply with quote

I had the chance to install VirtualPC on my Mac. We decided for Win 98, as it needs not too much resources, has USB, ist kind of stable with the latest patches..... After finishing the basic installation of windows I made a backup of my "C:\"-drive (yes, my computer now has not only one of them, but allready two, :-) strange on a Mac, kind of).

I decided to try SE PC Suite for the P910 unsing the USB craddle. Plug every thing, do first sync, message "Can not find a connected phone" - reconfigure the port monitor - sync - done.

I got a free copy of the Slovo English dictionary. It comes as an .EXE file, unpacking and mooving tons of files to the phone. I ran the installer - "Can not find a connected phone". Shut down everything, unplugging, replugging, restarting, reconfigure the port monitor - run installer - done.

Then I wanted to install an other small app. Double click the .SIS file, SE PC Suite opens mit the software downloader - "Can not find a connected phone". Shut down everything, unplugging, replugging, restarting, reconfigure the port monitor - run installer - done.

Sounds like there is some trouble on SE side, not so much on the Mac side.
peaky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: thanks to the 'Don' - P910 iSync issue continues Reply with quote

Thanks for testing the USB cradle - have not had chance to do the PC side of things with the "PC only" CD suite from Sony Ericcson.

So far my experience is only Mac based with the P910 - I have tested using various versions of Panther (10.3.x) and various mac configs and various Bluetooth adaptors (D-Link etc)/internal (Apple BTO option) - this bug repeats in all of them. Consistently. Looks like someone didnt do their job properly somewhere and the users are paying for it.

I have reported this bug 4+ times to SE and only recieved one reply with the "we dont support macs" FU line. Nice customer relations there.

I have reported to Apple and got stock replys.

Who is for a flaming war on SE tech support? Seems the only way they 'might' do anything...pick a day

answers on this board please
best wishes
peaky

PS
thanks to Salling for actually giving us a space to discuss this - and for a great piece of software. More than can be said of SE and Apple currently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: