FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

K700 Calendar Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
morphine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: K700 Calendar Problems Reply with quote

I've ben using MS to sync my k700 to Entourage for almost half a year now, and it has worked flawlessly.

But suddenly, only a few of the appointments on my phone are synced to Entourage - most just stay on the phone. What could be wrong? Nothing has changed on my phone to justify this change in behaviour, and I don't think I've changed anything important on my computer. The settings in MS are the correct ones afaik.

Hope you can help - I'm stumped!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: K700 Calendar Problems Reply with quote

The one reason I can think of is this:

The phone manages a change-table that is used by MobileSync to detect changes since you last synced the phone.

This table is quite small, so if you make a lot of changes without syncing, only the most recent changes will "take".

I suggest you resolve this by performing a fresh sync: hold ctrl-option when you click Synchronize.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="morphine"]I've ben using MS to sync my k700 to Entourage for almost half a year now, and it has worked flawlessly.

But suddenly, only a few of the appointments on my phone are synced to Entourage - most just stay on the phone. What could be wrong? Nothing has changed on my phone to justify this change in behaviour, and I don't think I've changed anything important on my computer. The settings in MS are the correct ones afaik.

Hope you can help - I'm stumped![/quote]
morphine

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I read through the manual after posting (doh...) and tried the Ctrl-Option Sync Trick. Worked like a charm...

Thanks alot - both for a quick reply and for making this great piece of sw.
gadget007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance - CTRL + option (is the option key the Apple key, or the alt key) - cause when i press CTRL + apply, it comes up with the Bluetooth device selection screen - so i chose my ph again and did the sync - still get the error. So i tried CTRL + alt, and it comes up with a warning 'Forget all devices' - so i do that, and do a first sync, but still get the same error - cant send to SE V800. :?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. A lot of Apple keyboards actually has "option" printed on the option/alt key.

Now. If it still doesn't work, I think it's because an item in Entourage is distasteful to the phone. The usual reason for this is that you have "empty" items, lacking a name.

So, scan through your entourage items looking for an item that looks suspicious in this regard. Then do a slow/fresh sync again.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gadget007"]Excuse my ignorance - CTRL + option (is the option key the Apple key, or the alt key) - cause when i press CTRL + apply, it comes up with the Bluetooth device selection screen - so i chose my ph again and did the sync - still get the error. So i tried CTRL + alt, and it comes up with a warning 'Forget all devices' - so i do that, and do a first sync, but still get the same error - cant send to SE V800. :?[/quote]
gadget007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Now. If it still doesn't work, I think it's because an item in Entourage is distasteful to the phone. The usual reason for this is that you have "empty" items, lacking a name.

So, scan through your entourage items looking for an item that looks suspicious in this regard.
[/quote]

I've gone through my Entourage address book looking for empty and unusual items, no blanks, but a few with & or _, and the like in the title. so have gone through and fixed all those. deleted a load of unwanted, etc. Did CTRL + option click sync, then did a first sync with my V800. Still get the same error. So went back into my Entourage address book, and all the addresses I deleted and fixed b4 are back? very strange.

Should I try deleting all the contacts from my phones address book and start again? but then i could be in trouble if i cant sync at all - i'll be left with no numbers in my phone. :cry:

thanks for all your help and your super quick responses.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be the case that your phone's address book is full? The claimed storage capacity of 510 contacts is not correct; each phone number, email address etc counts for one contact, so you typically won't be able to fit more than about 200 contacts.

MobileSync tries to determine if the memory would overflow, but it's not successful in doing so in all situations, since the capacity usage (as explained above) isn't formally defined anywhere.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gadget007"][quote]Now. If it still doesn't work, I think it's because an item in Entourage is distasteful to the phone. The usual reason for this is that you have "empty" items, lacking a name.

So, scan through your entourage items looking for an item that looks suspicious in this regard.
[/quote]

I've gone through my Entourage address book looking for empty and unusual items, no blanks, but a few with & or _, and the like in the title. so have gone through and fixed all those. deleted a load of unwanted, etc. Did CTRL + option click sync, then did a first sync with my V800. Still get the same error. So went back into my Entourage address book, and all the addresses I deleted and fixed b4 are back? very strange.

Should I try deleting all the contacts from my phones address book and start again? but then i could be in trouble if i cant sync at all - i'll be left with no numbers in my phone. :cry:

thanks for all your help and your super quick responses.[/quote]
gadget007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, that could well be it. under memory status its saying contaccts 500 (500) and 315 numbers. sim is 197 (200) although i realise sim memory has nothing to do with this.

So the 500 (500) could be the prob. I went through and deleted some b4, and had it down to 450 odd, but it must be picking up from ENtourage and just xfer until its full, then gives the error?

cheers. Looks like i need to trawl through ALL my contacts and rationalise them all.
gadget007

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, sorted it. you were right, too many contacts, not enuff space. have gone thru & deleted/merged loads on my mac and my V800, and now it syncs fine. still getting some double ups, but i presume that's cause i've deleted one of the double ups on teh mac, but not on the phone?
cheers for all your help, almost lost my sanity then.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you got it worked out, and hope it'll be smooth sailing from now on.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gadget007"]right, sorted it. you were right, too many contacts, not enuff space. have gone thru & deleted/merged loads on my mac and my V800, and now it syncs fine. still getting some double ups, but i presume that's cause i've deleted one of the double ups on teh mac, but not on the phone?
cheers for all your help, almost lost my sanity then.[/quote]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: