FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Share network connection with phone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Share network connection with phone Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to use Salling Clicker to share my AirPort connection with my P800 phone? (GPRS is too epensive).

I have a (non-portable!) Mac Mini running Tiger and want to be able to use Opera on my P800 to use the Internet from any room in my house, via bluetooth.

I can do this already on Windows by making a serial connection and Opera automatically detects this when connecting to the Internet.
But Salling Clicker would be even better as I suspect that the bluetooth connection to my phone would be automatic.

Thanks

Chris
-=-=-

PS - I did try the FAQ and forums but found nothing. And Google search yields old info about mRouter and Panther and lots of complicated shell scripts.[/img]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this is not what Clicker does. The old mRouter stuff went out as of Tiger, I'm afraid.

Best.
--
Jonas
Chris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply ....

I was thinking along the lines of ProximitySync ...
IIRC, if the bluetooth phone comes withing range of the Mac then iSync is fired off ...

This got me thinking ... if the bluetooth phone comes within range of the Mac then a serial connection can surely also be triggered???
(except for the tiny problem of mRouter not being part of Tiger, though there must be another way ...)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. I can give you some background info, but mRouter not being there is not a small problem.

The mRouter connection is a fairly standard PPP connection, so that can be set up from the command line. The problem, if I'm not mistaken, has to do with certain DNS requirements on the phone's behalf.

Either way, I don't plan to add this to Salling Clicker. Honestly, I have a hard time seeing the connection. Clicker could control a 3rd-party tool that does this, though, as it has in the past with mRouter.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: