FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Only "Unknown" models checking current terminal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Siegfried

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Only "Unknown" models checking current terminal Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to know which of my phones is actually connected, because depending on this I use other scripts to do some stuff. If I ask "model of current terminal" for my Siemens SX1 the answer is ok, regrettably if I ask this from my Nokia 6630 or 6670 I only get "Unknown" with Salling Clicker v2.2.1 (408)! Any chance that I can update this Info in a "very secret and hidden" :wink: file or do I need an update from your very great software?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Only "Unknown" models checking current termina Reply with quote

Siegfried,

This sounds like a minor bug. Or rather the related config file is not updated with these device IDs.

I might be able to help you update the config file, but you could also consider having your script switch on the bluetooth address (also available from the terminal object). Would that work for you, or do you have a dynamic set of phones to deal with?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Siegfried"]Hi,

I need to know which of my phones is actually connected, because depending on this I use other scripts to do some stuff. If I ask "model of current terminal" for my Siemens SX1 the answer is ok, regrettably if I ask this from my Nokia 6630 or 6670 I only get "Unknown" with Salling Clicker v2.2.1 (408)! Any chance that I can update this Info in a "very secret and hidden" :wink: file or do I need an update from your very great software?[/quote]
Siegfried

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Great and simple idea Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

thought about the related config file which resolves the device-id to a usefull name when writing about the "secret and hidden" file, but didn't know where to find it. But your tip about the bluetooth name was very useful to me, it was my fault not to look more exactly at the dictonary of your great app. As I don't have a dynamic set of phones (3 are enough for me and my wife :wink: ), everything's ok now.
Keep up the great work and if perhaps you don't have the device-ids yet from this two phones for future versions of SC, let me know how I can submit them to you...

Thanks once again!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Great and simple idea Reply with quote

I think I've got the IDs for Clicker 3.0. Unfortunately, the IDs for 6630 and 6670 are the same, so that wouldn't help you much.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Siegfried"]Hi Jonas,

thought about the related config file which resolves the device-id to a usefull name when writing about the "secret and hidden" file, but didn't know where to find it. But your tip about the bluetooth name was very useful to me, it was my fault not to look more exactly at the dictonary of your great app. As I don't have a dynamic set of phones (3 are enough for me and my wife :wink: ), everything's ok now.
Keep up the great work and if perhaps you don't have the device-ids yet from this two phones for future versions of SC, let me know how I can submit them to you...

Thanks once again![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: