FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Toshiba stack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anpombo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Toshiba stack Reply with quote

I have a Sony Ericsson T637 and I have a toshiba stack. I wanted to know if any of you can help me get Salling Clicker working with my phone. I want to be able to control my iTunes, Power Point etc. (For my phone to work as a remote control). Is this possible with my phone?

How can I download a Microsoft stack and what effects or changes will this have on my computer or on my bluetooth? Is this the way to get it working? Thanks for your help
Apollo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes remote controling your PC with your T637 phone is possible. If you have your bluetooth dongle setup already to allow your pc to transmit/recieve bluetooth signals then you are almost all the way there! Download Salling Clicker and install it to your pc. Once installed, run Salling Clicker and the tray icon and program should load. If this is the first time you're running Salling clicker it should present to you a setup screen. If not you can get to it from the system tray and select Device Setup. Select that you have a Sony Ericson phone and select the T637 model and vuala! Pick and choose the scripts you wish to use, hit apply and have fun!

If you have other questions feel free to ask!

~*Apollo*~
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Toshiba stack Reply with quote

Hi!

EDIT: Toshiba laptop users might also want to consult this web page on Toshiba.com:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_dtlView.jsp?soid=842293

---

You will not need to download anything if you are using Windows XP Service Pack 2. The Microsoft stack is already on your system.

Please note that the Microsoft stack does not have all the features of the Toshiba stack; most importantly, it lacks the headset profile, which means you will not be able to use a Bluetooth headset with your computer.

Also, I do not know for sure that your Bluetooth hardware works with the MS stack. It is very likely it does, though.

To do the switch, here's the rough guide:

1. Uninstall the Toshiba Bluetooth software (use Add/Remove programs)

2. Restart the computer

3. Windows should now detect the "new" Bluetooth device and install its own drivers for it.

NOTE: If #3 fails, it's possible we need to perform an additional step. Please let me know if this is the case for you, and I'll help you out.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="anpombo"]I have a Sony Ericsson T637 and I have a toshiba stack. I wanted to know if any of you can help me get Salling Clicker working with my phone. I want to be able to control my iTunes, Power Point etc. (For my phone to work as a remote control). Is this possible with my phone?

How can I download a Microsoft stack and what effects or changes will this have on my computer or on my bluetooth? Is this the way to get it working? Thanks for your help[/quote]
badzny5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: MS Stack Reply with quote

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/whql/resources/news/WHQLNews_102802.html

I had trouble, too, with a Dell Inspiron 6000 that has a Toshiba stack. I downloaded the MS stack from the above site and now my Clicker is working.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MS Stack Reply with quote

Thanks for your hint.

Cheers.
--
Jonas

[quote="badzny5"]http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/whql/resources/news/WHQLNews_102802.html

I had trouble, too, with a Dell Inspiron 6000 that has a Toshiba stack. I downloaded the MS stack from the above site and now my Clicker is working.[/quote]
phil38555615

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Tosiba Stack on DELL INSPIRON Reply with quote

I think I've tried almost everything to replace my Toshiba stack with the Microsoft stack on my Dell inspiron notebook. Now, I have no working bluetooth at all!

I have uninstalled the Toshiba stack.
I tried installing the Microsoft stack from that link (above) - but was told that my SP2 version was NEWER than the version I was trying to install.
BUT ... if the SP2 version is already on my system, it sure isn't doing anything. It did not autodetect and install when I restarted my system after removing the Toshiba stack. I have no icons in the control panel, nothing working - unless I install BlueSoliel, which isn't much help.

Any ideas? I love the Clicker version on my Mac - but want to get the PC version to drive Powerpoint presentations on my Dell!

Phil
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Tosiba Stack on DELL INSPIRON Reply with quote

With your TOSHIBA stack removed (I assume it is now), please try this tip that I found in another forum a while back:

"To change the BT Stack from Toshiba to Microsoft all I did was to un-install the toshiba bluetooth stack and then i changed a file name in C:\windows\inf\bth.inf to bth.bak and then rebooted the computer. The add hardware wizard took care of the rest."

Please give this a shot and let us know how it worked. If it doesn't work, rename the file back to its original name.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="phil38555615"]I think I've tried almost everything to replace my Toshiba stack with the Microsoft stack on my Dell inspiron notebook. Now, I have no working bluetooth at all!

I have uninstalled the Toshiba stack.
I tried installing the Microsoft stack from that link (above) - but was told that my SP2 version was NEWER than the version I was trying to install.
BUT ... if the SP2 version is already on my system, it sure isn't doing anything. It did not autodetect and install when I restarted my system after removing the Toshiba stack. I have no icons in the control panel, nothing working - unless I install BlueSoliel, which isn't much help.

Any ideas? I love the Clicker version on my Mac - but want to get the PC version to drive Powerpoint presentations on my Dell!

Phil[/quote]
phil38555615

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:25 am    Post subject: Still no luck... Reply with quote

Thanks for responding so quickly. Still no luck though. I did as you said (and uninstalled Blue Soliel as well) - the system detected a new hardware device, which it could not identify. It then couldn't find drivers - "Unable to find drivers for this device" message came up. I tried pointing it to various places with no success.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Still no luck... Reply with quote

I'm afraid I cannot offer more in terms of advice. I'm working on TOSHIBA support, and hopefully that'll make your life easier (eventually).

I'll have to let others chime in on ideas for running the Microsoft (or Widcomm) stack with your Dell Inspiron (I think it may help if you post the model number you're using).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="phil38555615"]Thanks for responding so quickly. Still no luck though. I did as you said (and uninstalled Blue Soliel as well) - the system detected a new hardware device, which it could not identify. It then couldn't find drivers - "Unable to find drivers for this device" message came up. I tried pointing it to various places with no success.[/quote]
phil38555615

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Looking forward to Toshiba Stack Support for Dell Inspiron Reply with quote

Jonas,

Thanks for trying. My Dell is an Inspiron 630m.

Phil
Headset

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Headset - audio device Reply with quote

Hi! I have a zoom bluetooth that works with the toshiba stack. I switched it to the MS stack. But not being able to use my headset sucks.
Is any way to get around this? It would be great not to have to chose between using Salling Clicker or the Headset.
Thanks
saladam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Other BT stacks? Reply with quote

This whole Bluetooth stack business is fascinating.
It looks like a "stack" is a lot like a driver.
I know they used to talk a lot about "IP Stacks" in the early days of consumer networking.

It also seems there are many interface standards that a Blueooth stack can implement called "profiles".
I don't guess there's any stack that implements all of them.

And furthermore, I've never heard of a standard being 100% fleshed out.
Judgement calls are made for every implementation and that means the implementations are different.
(Just look at the way the MS BT stack implements file transfers differently from the Toshiba one! Teh MS one makes you manually go into a "listen" mode. PITA IMHO ;-) )

So there are different Bluetooth stacks.
Toshiba makes one for the Bluetooth chipset present in a lot of Dells (that Dell 350 and who knows what else).
Microsoft seems to make a generic one, but it doesn't attempt the "headset" profile.

Who has tried out the other stacks?
A quick Google search pulls up these:

SourceForge.net: AXIS OpenBT Stack
SourceForge.net: BlueJ - Java Bluetooth Stack
SourceForge.net: The JavaBluetooth Stack
Tiny Bluetooth stack (for "TinyOS"?)
BlueZ: Official Linux Bluetooth protocol stack
Affix Bluetooth Protocol Stack For Linux

The idea of a Java Bluetooth stack is really neat.
That'd mean that, in theory, you should be able to use that Bluetooth stack on PC's, cell phones, Mac's, Linux boxes, etc.
And that sounds very appealing!

So anyone have any experiences to share with these and Clicker?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: