FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Tweeking battery consumption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipharvey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Tweeking battery consumption Reply with quote

I have noticed after using clicker as a remote for iTunes for less than 12 hours my battery went from full to flat. Normally the battery lasts at least 7 days.
I realize that the bluetooth activity decreases the battery life. What I don't know is if I tweek the update frequency from 1 second to something like 2 or 3 seconds will this give me a huge increase in battery life? Will it make any difference at all?

Thanks
phil
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

Tweaking the updatefrequency wouldn't likely change the battery consumption by much.

You're not mentioning what device it is you're using.

Best.
--
Jonas
Apollo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a T5 and I would have to agree that changing something to reduce battery drain would help. I think it would be amazing if you could model the brightness after how the iPods do it. They dim the screen after like 5-10 seconds of inactivity to reduce battery loss. If you could add a feature so that the time delay to dim the screen is customizable and also add the ability to turn off the screen after a certain delay as well, in conjunction with the screen dimming (e.g. Screen dims after 10 seconds and turns off only the screen after 1min) I think this would be awsome because your pda/phone could stay connected without turning off but still saving power.

And as for the first poster, just having bluetooth enabled will reduce your battery life no matter what device you are using. Try turning bluetooth on but not using your device with clicker and see if it's actually clicker causing the problem for you.

Hope that helps!

~*Apollo*~
philipharvey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Devices Reply with quote

Sorry.
I use two devices.
One is a Nokia 6230. The battery drain on that device is not from the backlight as it switches off after 10 seconds of not touching any buttons.
The other is a SE k750. On that the battery goes flat even faster due to the backlight staying on perminently if clicker is running. Can't even manage 8 hours runtime.
On both phones turning bluetooth on makes a small decrease in battery life, probably 10%.
As a side note since I guess it must be part of the phone OS, on the nokia I have to enable bluetooth before starting clicker, but on the SE bluetooth starts and stops automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: