FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

bugs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinkstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: bugs? Reply with quote

I've found some "bugs" probebly things you didnt had the time for to do them yet...

the Quit Powerpoint:
when Quiting powerpoint you get the message "no presentations open".
maybe its better (from an interaction design point of view) to just go directly to the main screen...

#2 when you get the message "no presentations open". and you press OK
you go back to the More options menu of PPT only in the titlebar it says your device name (think its suposed to go to the main screen but doesnt get the content of the menu to change).

tip: I wrote my iTunesQuit succesfully thanks to you (jonas) but it (same as with PPT) doesnt return to main screen... so maybe you should take a look at it all...

dont want to be a whiner just think this prog RULES! and that it deserves to be close to perfection :wink:

Greetz Marvin de Bruin
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these notes, Marvin.

Cheers.
--
Jonas
kinkstar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 more thing this is something you should think about... its not that important but the "go back" button in the main screen... there isnt anything to go back to so why have a button there? (its inactive, i know, but why draw it when it has no function?)

again Im not trying to whine! just trying to help out... love the prog!
wich language is it written in? for the custom visuals I asked earlier about you could maybe do something like:

[code:1]
function getImage(imgname){
print("imgpath=visuals\\visuals-gfx-" + imgname + ".tif");
}
[/code:1]

this enables people to make their own tif's and paste it in the visual dir and then just name it and use that name in the
ShowMessage("text", imgname)
kinkstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foound another bug (did some usebilety testing) Im on a HP ipaq 6340 btw. when starting up clicker... and not having BT or WiFi on it says that I cant connect using bt... when I "close" the program and turn BT on and return to the program it still says cant connect using bt... I actually have to soft reset my device in order to connect using BT... maybe build in a thingy to start BT on the device? so that u get a message like: "enable BT?" yes/no
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm also going to need you to be a bit more specific. When you say "close" (quoted), what do you mean exactly (quit or close)? Also, how long did you wait after "re-opening" the application for it to detect the new Bluetooth state.

Also, when you think you've found bugs, could you please report those through the normal channels?

http://www.salling.com/contact

Cheers.
--
Jonas
kinkstar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my bad... Well first I tried to close the program (it keeps running on the background tho) waited a while and reopened it... no BT. then I closed the prog and ended the program in the HP task manager. the rebooted the prog and still no BT. then I soft reset my device and it worked

I'll keep searching for bugs and keep you up to date with them thrue the contact so no more bug posts on the forum my bad...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It's just hard to track them here in the forums. If you use the contact form, they go straight into the bug tracking system. Better for everyone.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: