FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

What can I do in Clicker?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c_jacobsson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: What can I do in Clicker? Reply with quote

I'm new to Clicker and got a first glimpse of it yesterday. It seems to be a REALLY cool utility that will solve many, many of my (computer-related) problems. Thanks!

I have a few questions that I haven't found any answers to i the forum:

1. Can I build my own GUI for a phone/PDA? Say that I want to build a customized PDA (touchscreeen) remote control with Play, Stop, Next...buttons, is that possible?

2. Could I use Phone Events to control my phone/PDA? For exemple, when I come home (and my computer recognizes my phone), could I automatically launch iTunes on the phone?

3. I'm a Windows person (sorry!) with VBScript and JScript knowledge. Will I be able to do (more or less) the same things with Clicker as I would on a Mac?

/Claes
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claes,

1. Not sure what you mean by your own GUI. There's a number of things about the presentation that you can control, and also a number of things you cannot. Please keep in mind that the control model is designed to make script more or less compatible across different device models.

2. This, you cannot do. At this time, the GUI is only brought up on the device as a result of the user interacting with the device.

3. Absolutely. I plan on including a chm in 3.0.1 document the scripting object model. This should help out.

Cheers.
--
Jonas
c_jacobsson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: User interface? Reply with quote

What I mean (in my first question) is that if I would like to change Clicker's user interface (on my PDA) for controlling i.e. iTunes, would that be possible? If yes but with limitations - what are the limitations? Is there any documentation?

Thanks again! I don't understand how you manage to get back to us all almost instantly and still keep developing this great software. Hatten av, as we say in swedish.

/Claes
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once the API documentation is out, it'll be rather obvious what can be changed and what cannot. Please stay tuned.

Tack.

Best.
--
Jonas
c_jacobsson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Ok, thanks! <eom> Reply with quote

<no message>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: