FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Looking for The Best Phone For Clicker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wizard Sleeve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Looking for The Best Phone For Clicker Reply with quote

Hi All

I Currently have a SE V600i and all i can say is Rubbish. The Damn thing needs to be reset at least 3 times a day to keep the bluetooth going, it just dies and cant connect to anything, Especially considering i use it with salling clicker and a parrot ck3200 in my car. even when it connects to my car kit it sometimes dropes out unexpectidly.

So My Question is are others having the same experiences with this phone (Have i got a dud or is it the firmware its running) or what would be the best alternative, Ive been looking in to a Nokia 8800 but dont want to fork out loads for one of them if its going to be no better.

Thanks

Lee
biosci

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an HTC Wizard (iMate KJam) and it works way too well!! Every feature is supported! Only negative, can't sync with the macs just yet. I can only beam stuff back and forth manually. But that is not a Salling issue!! No crashes yet and I've been using it almost every day for a month on the new software on both my G5 Desktop and Powerbook.

Mike
skeetone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

biosci just want to let you know that there are 2 apps that are quite alright for syncing with the mac.

1. Pocket Mac. Sync anything you want, works quite well, although has some minor hickups every now and then (Sometimes with the phone connected and I log in to my computer it doesn't recognize my login, twice had to restart my computer because I took the phone out without ejecting it first). But normally it does it's job.

2. The missing Sync. Never tried, but reviews say they are pretty even and both are as good as it gets with syncing windows mobile with a mac.

Gotta say...I do like my MDA (especially now that I have os 7.0.1 running on it as well) =))
breezemaster

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is a repost from a thread I started in the Mac section.. but has relevance here..

It reads:

----------------------------

Time for an upgrade!

Here are some of the things Id want from a new mobile.

* An integrated camera that takes reasonable quality pictures.
* The ability to sync with iCal and Address Book.
* The ability to use the phone while travelling in Asia.
* Compact shape.
* The ability to remotely control my Mac using Sailing Clicker.
* The ability to collect pop3 mail.
* Browse the web.
* I like the thought of proximity detection also.
* Available here in Germany (but you can leave this to me to find out)

I like the Nokia UI over the others I've experianced, but would consider a shift away for a superior model.

So Im looking for some advice here..

Do you have a mobile phone that youd really recommend?

If so, what is it about your phone that you like so much?

Is there anything around at the moment that meets my main criteria, or would it be better waiting a few months to see what new phones are released?

Models I'm looking into.. the Nokia N70 & N90.. but I'm not sure I need to spend so much to get these features.

All help and advice greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
The Breezemaster
kseiferlin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the SE P910 since a year, and it is great in any respect.
It works excellent with salling clicker.

Advantages:
* fast
* can use Handwiritng to write and send text from phone to SC
* can use PEN to emulate mouse (works fine)
* can use PEN to click on list entries
* large screen, good for iTunes and other scripts, especially the Powerpoint controller (with my modifications) can display the full text contents of a normal slide
* The 910 offers Multitasking and simple re-mapping of hardware buttons which allows me to switch from and back to SC in an instant

Disadvantages:
* may available scripts are optimized for a phone with lots of buttons. My keypad (on the flap) was unmounted on the first day and is somewhere in a drawer, collecting dust.

The small disadvantage goes away when lists instead of keypads are used in scripts. A tap with a PEN is as fast as or faster than a button with the wrong text printed on it.

SC, bluetooth connection and synching works solid as a rock.
Tomas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: I just recently got an N80 Reply with quote

[quote="breezemaster"]
Here are some of the things Id want from a new mobile.

* An integrated camera that takes reasonable quality pictures.
* The ability to sync with iCal and Address Book.
* The ability to use the phone while travelling in Asia.
* Compact shape.
* The ability to remotely control my Mac using Sailing Clicker.
* The ability to collect pop3 mail.
* Browse the web.
* I like the thought of proximity detection also.
* Available here in Germany (but you can leave this to me to find out)

I like the Nokia UI over the others I've experianced, but would consider a shift away for a superior model.

So Im looking for some advice here..

Do you have a mobile phone that youd really recommend?

If so, what is it about your phone that you like so much?

Is there anything around at the moment that meets my main criteria, or would it be better waiting a few months to see what new phones are released?
[/quote]

I just recently got an N80, after some horrible experiences with motorola phones (NEVER AGAIN).

So far salling is only partially supported because it runs the latest version of S60 and apps need to be certified to be installed on it. But the software is coming, new apps every week. And the phone is the best I've ever had, it's tiny, a little thicker than normal, but it's the size of a credit card. And having wifi is fantastic, you can surf and use online apps like google maps as much as you want for free if you have free wifi.

Battery life (when wifi is off!) is great, and the camera is lovely too, if there is plenty of light that is. Here is a pic I just took right now with it (and transferred to my powerbook over wifi!)

http://pax-europa.com/temp/phonepic.jpg
It's just a quicky, there are a ton of options in the camera software to mess with timing of photos, exposure, contrast, colours and all that, but i haven't messed with it too much yet. You can see it's plenty high res though.

It syncs fine with isync (I had to edit a text file to get it supported because it's so new, but isync should be updated to support it soon.

the best thing about it is that it mounts as a USB hard drive, if you're running a mac, that's good because most phones require some windows only software to add/remove files from the memory. this mounts like any usb drive and you can edit anything you want.

The proximity works well with software called 'blue phone elite', but the software is not good at all. Salling apparently will support it when the new update comes, and even though my phone isn't fully supported yet by salling, the software is way better than blue phone elite.

So I recommend the N80 and am waiting for the new Salling to be released, soon hopefully :)

Oh yeah, the BEST thing about this phone is the screen, it's so high res, you should really head into a shop and check it out in person, it's very impressive up close.
breezemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: 6280 - great choice on a budget. Reply with quote

I ended up getting the Nokia 6280. It fills the feature list I gave very nicely.
iSync goes fine, Clicker was a sinch to install, emails and surfs fast.
Its not quite a smartphone, but with all the nessesary features.. minus the hefty pricetag.

Only Proximity detection is missing.. but thats only thru Salling Clicker's lack of support.

Jonas, can I start a petition?
This model is getting a whole lot of promotion through the providers here in Germany.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 6280 - great choice on a budget. Reply with quote

I'm glad you're happy with it. Please, start a petition if you want to.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="breezemaster"]I ended up getting the Nokia 6280. It fills the feature list I gave very nicely.
iSync goes fine, Clicker was a sinch to install, emails and surfs fast.
Its not quite a smartphone, but with all the nessesary features.. minus the hefty pricetag.

Only Proximity detection is missing.. but thats only thru Salling Clicker's lack of support.

Jonas, can I start a petition?
This model is getting a whole lot of promotion through the providers here in Germany.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: