FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Salling Clicker + K750i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Salling Clicker + K750i Reply with quote

Hey

Firstly, great program. I liked it so much that I paid and went for the full version - which is something I rarely do.

One thing - would it be possible to re-map the volume buttons so instead of being ^ and v (joystick), it was instead the volume buttons located on the side of the K750i which are used to alter the volume on the phone itself?

The reason is because of the tempermental design of the joystick, when you try to alter the volume, you often end up accidently skipping tracks (which is < > on joystick).

I looked at the script itself, and this...

[code:1]if (theKey == "^" || theKey == "u") {
changeVolume(5);[/code:1]

...implies that the volume buttons can actually be used to alter the volume, as well as the joystick (I believe "u" refers to the upward volume button), but when I try it, it doesn't work.

Having said that, I know absolutely nothing about scripting, so I may be tottally wrong....

[/code]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Unfortunately, the K750i platform doesn't allow us to override the volume buttons. The newer Sony Ericsson phone W550i do, however. Sorry.

Best.
--
Jonas
carman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...OK, the only reason I thought it may be possible, is because using the HID creator by SE, you can map the volume buttons.

Before I used Salling, I used simply HID profiles, with keys assigned to shortcuts within iTunes, and I could easily map the two volume buttons... ?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HID is not Java. What I'm saying here is that it is impossible for a Java application to know when the volume buttons are used.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="carman"]Hmm...OK, the only reason I thought it may be possible, is because using the HID creator by SE, you can map the volume buttons.

Before I used Salling, I used simply HID profiles, with keys assigned to shortcuts within iTunes, and I could easily map the two volume buttons... ?[/quote]
carman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, understood :)

Thanks anyway.

----------------
EDIT

Actually would it be possible to map two other keys? Eg. numbers?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly. The standard iTunes controller script uses "0"-"5" for rating. The others are free for you to hook up. And it sounds like you already figured out how to do that in the script.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="carman"]Ok, understood :)

...snipped...

Actually would it be possible to map two other keys? Eg. numbers?[/quote]
carman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I just opened up the script and searched for all "u" and "d" and replaced them with "7" and "9", works a treat, thanks :)

Also - I noticed your avatar is a K750i, I was just wondering if you had any problems witht he stability of the bluetooth connect when using Salling Clicker?

Mine never seems too stable, although admittedly it could be because my bluetooth dongle on my laptop isn't in the best of conditions (its been stepped on accidently a few times!)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. When connecting to a PC, I haven't seen any stability issues with the K750i at all. Others have, though, with really cheap adapters.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="carman"]Excellent, I just opened up the script and searched for all "u" and "d" and replaced them with "7" and "9", works a treat, thanks :)

Also - I noticed your avatar is a K750i, I was just wondering if you had any problems witht he stability of the bluetooth connect when using Salling Clicker?

Mine never seems too stable, although admittedly it could be because my bluetooth dongle on my laptop isn't in the best of conditions (its been stepped on accidently a few times!)[/quote]
carman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm yeah, it seems to be quite an issue. Lots of esato.com members report problems maintianing connections over bluetooth.

My K750i is on the latest firmware, and my dongle is acutally a Belkin one, so not too cheap. Having said that it is only 10m one, so maybe I should try and get a 100m one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: