FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Automatically unlock PC when entering proximity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simplymehmood

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI.. I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..."the app error thing"...what's wrong?...can u explain....thanx
V_i_D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: About Unlocker Reply with quote

Has anyone figured out how to get around the "incorrect password" problem a few of us have been having? For now on my home computer I took the password out and it works, but when i log back on (with the proximity sensor) I'm stuck with a black window that I have to close. Now when I log back in it makes the sound like its logged in but still has the logon screen
KingMario

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: As I know, IBM Lotus Notes has a service that can Reply with quote

IBM Lotus Notes has a service that can retrieve the system account's password and login Lotus Notes using the password.
That means the use has set his/her password of Lotus Notes right the same as his system account's password.
KingMario

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job. but, please take care of the XP welcome screen.
madindehead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the attention of bohrsatom

URGENT!

I have installed the service etc. and edited the script to contain my username and password. My remote log off works...but it won't log back on! My friend is also using this scipt...it looks exactly the same except for the username and password...and yet, his version as a phone event...and mine doesn't! We ca both log out using proximity events...he can log back in, but I can't! Whats going on?
madindehead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing...is it possible to use the proximity unlocker when you use the Windows XP logon screen...and NOT the old logon prompt. My friend is using the old one, but I want to be able to use the XP one. If it's not possible then I will just leave it as the old logon prompt. Help please!
madindehead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please someone help me...I need this soon!
BLASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Open a command window in the "unlocker" directory and run the command "ACDService.exe -Install". This will install the service onto your computer."

How can i do that?
Please someone help me...
CannedBass

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bohrsatom,
I adapted the files ACDService.exe and Unlocker.exe for my own use in a script for floAt's Mobile Agent ([url]http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm[/url]). The script does basically the same thing for FMA as yours does for Salling Clicker. I was wondering if I could have your permission to share it on FMA's forums.
jcrowe12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Unlocker.exe Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to run the Unlocker.exe on its own or schedule it as a task to unlock a PC at a certain time in the day? If so please post how this can be done?

Many thanks,

Jonathan
Ireland

You can contact me directly at jonny.crowe@gmail.com
carman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BLASTER"]"Open a command window in the "unlocker" directory and run the command "ACDService.exe -Install". This will install the service onto your computer."

How can i do that?
Please someone help me...[/quote]

Start > Run > "cmd"

Then type:

"chdir C:\My Documents\Blah blah blah\Unlocker" [wherever you extracted it]

Enter

Then type:

"ACDService.exe -Install"

Enter

Done :)
decrypt

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi, I got this problem. Most of the time, unlocking stuck at the login window after pressing the ctrl-alt-del. The username field is filled in but the password field. Is it possible u can provide the source code?
whacked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Automatically unlock PC when entering proximity Reply with quote

Hey Man,
the feature looks brilliant.. but the problem is it doesn't unlock the computer. Whenever i move out of range it locks it, but doesn't unlocks when i come back..
I'm using a Nokia 6681 and Windows Vista Ultimate..
Is it because Vista requires only the password to be entered at the logon screen..

Please help.. I can't wait to see the magic.. ;-)
Thanks

Last edited by whacked on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
whacked

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Automatically unlock PC when entering proximity Reply with quote

Also,
When i log back in manually, i can see two command windows open by the name "unlocker.exe"

Please Help
Thanks

[quote="whacked"]Hey Man,
the feature looks brilliant.. but the problem is it doesn't unlock the computer. Whenever i move out of range it locks it, but doesn't unlocks when i come back..
I'm using a Nokia 6681 and Windows Vista Ultimate..
Is it because Vista requires only the password to be entered at the logon screen..

Please help.. I can't wait to see the magic.. ;-)
Thanks

[quote="bohrsatom"]I've written a "script" that will automatically unlock your PC when you re-enter proximity (it is good twinned with the lock PC when leaving proximity event !).

I say script in the loosest sense of the word - it is an executable twinned with a service that is called using the wscript Run() method.

[b]PLEASE NOTE[/b] - This script is a security nightmare. Using this script will have your windows logon credentials stored in plain text on your PC andhas a service running that can interact with your desktop. Neither of these are very good things. You can lock down the directory storing the script using NTFS permissions if it is in the "my scripts" folder in "my documents", but it also creates a temporary file containing your credentials for the duration of the script execution (a second or two when you enter proximity). Install and use at your own peril.

The script simluates what is needed for a standard computer unlocking:
- Sending Alt+Ctrl+Delete
- Sending your username and password
- Pressing "Enter".

The installation isn't easy, but I have kept it that way to make things a little more interesting ;).

[b]To install:[/b]

Download Unlocker.zip
Extract to "My clicker scripts" directory.
Open a command window in the "unlocker" directory and run the command "ACDService.exe -Install". This will install the service onto your computer.
Go to start>run>services.msc. Locate the "Clicker ACD Service". Right click it, go to properties and under log-on check the tickbox "allow service to interact with desktop". Under the "general" tab click start.
Edit the file Unlocker.js, changing the paramaters YOURUSERNAME and YOURPASSWORD with your windows logon credentials.
Tick the relevant box under "phone events" in Salling Clicker.
Walk out the room for 15 seconds, see if your computer has locked... then walk back in and watch it unlock!

The application (and service) is written in Managed C++ and you will need the .NET runtime to execute it.

The ZIP Password is "this-is-a-security-risk" (without the speech marks).

I have tested this on Salling 3.0.1.333 on my PC - i'd be interested to see if it works for anyone else :).

Thanks!

bohrsatom[/quote] :wink:[/quote]
meinereiner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out what is the source of the often mentioned problem that the software enteres a too long password which doesn't match the real password.
The problem is that the software uses the alt-keys to navigate to the username and password-input-fields (ALT+U for username and ALT+P for password). so if you have a windows whose language ISN't english --> these ALT-combinations might be different - in german e.g. ALT+B (Benutzername) and ALT+K (Kennwort).
Because windows always let the username remaining in the login-screen (when screen was locked) you don't see that the unlocking-sw doesn't enter the username in the username-field.
It would be really great if "bohrsatom" could build a new version of ACDServices.exe where the ALT-key definitions are changed from ALT+U to ALT+B and from ALT+P to ALT+K and provide that version in this forum-thread.
all the best,
meinereiner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: