FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Put your monitor to sleep script

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loftzon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Put your monitor to sleep script Reply with quote

Here's a script that puts your monitor to sleep. Read the README.txt

Monitor Off.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Monitor Off.zip
 Filesize:  1.14 KB
 Downloaded:  25645 Time(s)

tom121

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to turn it back on using the phone?

Edit: i have edited the script so that it turns back on for me. Anyone else care to try ?

MonitorOn.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MonitorOn.rar
 Filesize:  576 Bytes
 Downloaded:  10094 Time(s)

RaptorRVL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's wrong to kick up such an old topic, but!:

Pausing winamps/mediaplayers/iTunes when going away, but your monitor stays on. That thing should turn off as well when you leave!
So I have made a script based on the two above which makes your monitor turn off and on when you exit and enter proximity.

Kudos to loftzon and tom121 for their scripts who made this all.
And ofcourse don't forget to get 'nircmd' just like you need with the other scripts. 'nircmd' is the program that turns the monitor off and on.
This will work in most windows versions (XP and Vista tested here).

MonitorAway.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MonitorAway.zip
 Filesize:  924 Bytes
 Downloaded:  5188 Time(s)

salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaptorRVL,

As far as I'm concerned, contributions are always welcome. :-)

Best.
--
Jonas
samochan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Sorry for bringing up an old thread!

I've been trying to get this working under Vista, but no go...

Can anyone help?

I've put nircmd in my C:\Windows drive, and monitor off is showing up on my device, just looks like it doesn't do anything...
Web4Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: It Does Work On Vista Reply with quote

I too apologize for bringing up this two year old thread, but I wanted to give a big thanks for this awesome addon, and to confirm for all the Vista users out there that it does work. Perfectly I might add! I followed the instructions and now I can turn my monitor on and off in sleep mode from my Kaiser. Thanks to tom121 for being able to turn it back on!

However, for some reason, my screen keeps coming back on after 5-10 minutes by itself, but it is probably my wireless mouse moving on its own (seems to scroll down for no reason sometimes) or some other program waking the screen up.

Just an FYI for samochan and others, when I first followed the instructions, I thought I was supposed to extract the nircmd.exe file in the Windows folder, but it actually means to extract the nircmd.zip file (all three files) to the Windows directory. That's the only part I could think of that could have been samochan's problem. Also, I'm running Vista 32bit, so maybe there is a problem with Vista 64bit.

Also, I haven't looked at the script, but it appears to use the screensaver and related power management features to turn the monitor off. When my screen comes back on within a few minutes, before my screensaver is set to start, I notice the screensaver for a split second before my desktop appears. Maybe Vista 64bit handles this differently, I don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: