FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Cannot Connect to Clicker
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Final_F

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Cannot Connect to Clicker Reply with quote

OK, Clicker recognises my bluetooth dongle (it has the Windows stack) and I can send files from my computer to my phone (SE K750i). But, I cannot send files from my phone to my computer and neither can I connect my phone to Clicker. It says: 'The computer is not reachable. Is Bluetooth on?'. Obviously, bluetooth is on as I can send files to my phone!

What do you think the problem is? :?: Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot Connect to Clicker Reply with quote

Could you any number of things. Did you try restarting your computer?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Final_F"]OK, Clicker recognises my bluetooth dongle (it has the Windows stack) and I can send files from my computer to my phone (SE K750i). But, I cannot send files from my phone to my computer and neither can I connect my phone to Clicker. It says: 'The computer is not reachable. Is Bluetooth on?'. Obviously, bluetooth is on as I can send files to my phone!

What do you think the problem is? :?: Thanks![/quote]
Final_F

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I've restarted. Makes no difference!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. As you're saying (1) you cannot connect from Clicker and (2) cannot send files from the phone, I'm pronoe to think the issue is not related to Clicker, but rather to your Bluetooth setup.

Please check: Control Panels -> Bluetooth -> Options (tab), under "Connections". Make sure the option "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer" is checked.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Final_F"]Yep, I've restarted. Makes no difference![/quote]
Final_F

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is. The check box to make the computer discoverable is also checked. It does say that my phone is passkey enabled though - dunno if that has anything to do with it?
Final_F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I reinstalled the drivers and it's the same problem. My phone cannot now detect my computer even though in the bluetooth options the 'turn discovery on' box is checked. I'm confused?! :?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect your dongle may not be fully compatible with the MS Bluetooth stack.

Which one is it? Can you try with a different one?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Final_F"]OK, I reinstalled the drivers and it's the same problem. My phone cannot now detect my computer even though in the bluetooth options the 'turn discovery on' box is checked. I'm confused?! :?[/quote]
Final_F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the Cellink BTA-6030. I would agree with you, but it was working fine when I first used it with the Windows stack. I could send files to the laptop from the phone and I connected to Clicker a few times (it didn't work most times I tried though). Now, I can't even send files. I don't think I changed anything...

Edit: Uninstalled Windows Stack, Re-installed Toshiba Stack. Uninstalled Toshiba Stack and then Re-installed Toshiba stack and it worked. Then restarted laptop (it asked to restart) and it doesn't work... this is getting ridiculous...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think reinstalling the Toshiba stack was a bad idea... Salling Clicker, at this time, is not compatible with this stack so you'll no longer be able to connect to Clicker.

I've spent some time reading the celllink web site, and it does seem like the Microsoft stack is supported.

Could you please verify that it still doesn't work if you switch back to a supported stack?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Final_F"]It's the Cellink BTA-6030. I would agree with you, but it was working fine when I first used it with the Windows stack. I could send files to the laptop from the phone and I connected to Clicker a few times (it didn't work most times I tried though). Now, I can't even send files. I don't think I changed anything...

Edit: Uninstalled Windows Stack, Re-installed Toshiba Stack. Uninstalled Toshiba Stack and then Re-installed Toshiba stack and it worked. Then restarted laptop (it asked to restart) and it doesn't work... this is getting ridiculous...[/quote]
Final_F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops... sorry, I meant that I uninstalled the toshiba stack then installed the windows stack. Ater that, it connected. But then, the computer asked to restart after installing the new stack... I did this and then it didn't work again! I also downloaded the Windows Stack from the Microsoft site, but it didn't install as it only works with SP1. Oh, and file transfters work from the phone to the computer on the toshiba stack...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. After restarting the computer, does Clicker still recognize the MS stack (and hardware) as indicated in the About tab?

Best.
--
Jonas
Final_F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's still there. Also, I just uninstalled my phone from my bluetooth devices on the computer and then added it again via the my devices on my phone. It then connected to Clicker after a few attempts, but after exiting and trying to do it again it won't connect. It seems really random! The range is no problem as I am sitting right by the computer and when I did have it connected it worked from quite a distance.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the error message then? Also, when you say "quit", what do you mean, exactly?

Thanks for your patience in this matter. I hope we can figure out what's going on.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Final_F"]Yeah, it's still there. Also, I just uninstalled my phone from my bluetooth devices on the computer and then added it again via the my devices on my phone. It then connected to Clicker after a few attempts, but after exiting and trying to do it again it won't connect. It seems really random! The range is no problem as I am sitting right by the computer and when I did have it connected it worked from quite a distance.[/quote]
Final_F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By quit I mean exit the Salling Clicker program on my phone. When I try and connect, it usually says 'The computer is not reachable. Is Bluetooth on?'. Although, sometimes it says 'Cannot connect. Security Block'.

Thanks for your help so far. I hope the problem can be solved as I really want to use this excellent program! :)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This rings a bell. What Bluetooth adapter do you have?

On the Mac, there's an incompatibility (between the Mac and the K750's Java) that affect some K750i users. Your problem descriptions sounds exactly like this one.

Do you have any other Bluetooth accessories hooked up to your PC? Also, would you be able to test with a different dongle?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Final_F"]By quit I mean exit the Salling Clicker program on my phone. When I try and connect, it usually says 'The computer is not reachable. Is Bluetooth on?'. Although, sometimes it says 'Cannot connect. Security Block'.

Thanks for your help so far. I hope the problem can be solved as I really want to use this excellent program! :)[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: