FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

T616 "Invalid application"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoMercy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: T616 "Invalid application" Reply with quote

I am trying to get salling clicker to work with a spare t616 i have. I cannot seem to get the client installed on it. I tried OBEX, and I get invalid application, I tried via wap.salling.com, i get invalid application, I tried both the .jar and the .jad. Any help would be gratly appreciated...

Thanks,

Shane
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to install anything on this phone. If I may ask, for the purpose of making the instructions easier: why do you think you have to?

Best.
--
Jonas
NoMercy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the instructions said to move the jar file over to the phone. So are you saying that there is no need for any type of application on the phone? If that is the case, how would the phone know that I am trying to use it as a remote, or as a phone? After installing the application, and playing around with it, I still got no movement, the phone was just doing it's phone stuff. Any help is appreciated, and thanks for your response.

Shane
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane,

I'm rather convinced that you picked the wrong phone model in the setup assistant.

Please pick the correct model. Then connect from the computer and access Clicker under Connectivity->Accessories on your phone.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="NoMercy"]Well, the instructions said to move the jar file over to the phone. So are you saying that there is no need for any type of application on the phone? If that is the case, how would the phone know that I am trying to use it as a remote, or as a phone? After installing the application, and playing around with it, I still got no movement, the phone was just doing it's phone stuff. Any help is appreciated, and thanks for your response.

Shane[/quote]
NoMercy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct. After I sent my reply I went redownloaded, reinstalled, and redid the deed, and lo and behold it works like a charm. I do not know what the delio was, I know I picked the t616, but I bet you have heard that before. Thanks for your help man, I am now clicking away...

I hope that the initial Cool factor keeps going, is so I am sold. One thing though, since playing with it. Is a time trial out as opposed to click? Why did you choose that instead. Just as I get the cool factor going, the click wears out. If it were a 15 or 30 day trial, that would seem a more reasonable way to get a good feel for the product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: