FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Using a W600i (And Possible "desktop" HID)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling's Remote Basics (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghostrelm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Using a W600i (And Possible "desktop" HID) Reply with quote

Hello,

1. Im curious if these are supposed to have full functionality with my W600i. I loaded up the vlc.hid to my phone, and most everyting seems to be working except the mute function.(instead of muting, it opens up the messages window) Is this normal because i'm not using a k700 or s700? Or is this function just simply outdated because of an update in VLC?

2. Is it possible to make a "desktop" (just basic "finder" functions) hid? I have tried using "bluetooth remote control" (an app by sony ericsson) to make my own but i cannot map the four-way directional button (its not supported)

Thanks for your help and for some great apps!

~Zakk
bluebust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your message could be out of place since it sounds like you want to make your Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Remote Control application to work. You can make the adjustments you need if you download the Remote Control software from Sony Ericsson at http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/docstools/misc/p_misc.jsp

The only problem is that when customized, you won't get the same graphics as compared to what comes with the phone. This might become problematic when you are in the middle of your presentation and you need to perform a function you don't typically do but you know you included in your customization.

Comparing Salling's application, its clear in your phone screen what each button is doing, and the nicest of all, you get a preview of the next slide and can read your slide notes (now I can use that powerpoint function). What a phenomenal enhancement for your phone!

Hope this helped.
Ghostrelm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bluebust"]Your message could be out of place since it sounds like you want to make your Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Remote Control application to work. You can make the adjustments you need if you download the Remote Control software from Sony Ericsson at http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/global/docstools/misc/p_misc.jsp
[/quote]

yeah, i have that app, like i stated, i tried to make my own "remote control profile" (.hid), but it will not let me use(assign) the directional buttons as the remote basics app does.

I just wanted to know if the fact that i was using a w600i reduced some functionality, or if my phone was messed up.

Thanks anyways though...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling's Remote Basics (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: