FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Treo 650 crashes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
folium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Treo 650 crashes Reply with quote

Hello, I've just installed clicker. It worked OK for some songs in iTunes, but for others the Treo 650 crashes and reboots every time I try to launch the song. System error log: "A reset was caused while running "clicker" - "fatal exception".

Seems Clicker has trouble with long names? Is that right?

Example:
song name:
Symphony No. 9 in E Minor, "From the New World", Opus 95 (2nd Movement)
Artist: Antonín Dvořák
ComposerAntonin Dvorák

For many songs the name is not shown. I just get

"2
album name
3"

How to proceed with troubleshooting? I have the Treo 650 GSM with the newest firmware.

Regards
finn ove
folium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remove the double quotes - "" - from the song name it seems to work better. Artist name is still not correctly viewed. Will this be fixed?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. What is shown for "artist" in this case?

- jonas
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct about the crash. I can reproduce it here. The issue seems to be with the Windows software; it is indeed related to the quotes, and I'll make sure to put together a fix.

I can't reproduce the other things you indicated, however. Could I please have the full song info that you've got (track name, artist, composer, and [b]album[/b])?

Thanks for finding this.

Cheers.
--
Jonas
folium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, sorry for the delay. The artist name is Dvořák, but it displays as Dvo?ák. I think the other display fault may be related to the quotes. I could not reproduce it right now. I will be happy to test a fix when you have it available.

Btw.. I'm more interested in the next / upcoming songs than the current... but I may post a new thread on that thing.

Thanks,

- Finn Ove
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a good handle on this problem, and I think you may be right about the issue propagating to the other fields (I would have liked to reproduce it 100% though).

As for "?", I suspect this glyph is simply missing in the Palm's font. Not much I can do about that.

Stay tuned for a fix. It'll be in the next revision of WinClicker for sure.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="folium"]Hello, sorry for the delay. The artist name is Dvo?ák, but it displays as Dvo?ák. I think the other display fault may be related to the quotes. I could not reproduce it right now. I will be happy to test a fix when you have it available.

Btw.. I'm more interested in the next / upcoming songs than the current... but I may post a new thread on that thing.

Thanks,

- Finn Ove[/quote]
folium

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll test some more. Btw..seems to be problems with the quotes also when using media player. But no crash there so far.
- Finn Ove
folium

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]I think I have a good handle on this problem, and I think you may be right about the issue propagating to the other fields (I would have liked to reproduce it 100% though). [/quote]

I've been testing. I have not been able to reproduce a problem for song names without double quotes.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It's the double-quotes only then.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="folium"][quote="salling"]I think I have a good handle on this problem, and I think you may be right about the issue propagating to the other fields (I would have liked to reproduce it 100% though). [/quote]

I've been testing. I have not been able to reproduce a problem for song names without double quotes.[/quote]
rgreenhaus

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Treo 650 Crashes Reply with quote

I encountered the identical problem, on the same piece - although I've now discovered that it happens on any track with double quotes in the title. Replacing the double quotes with single quotes on iTunes eliminates the problem but it's a tedious work-around. The problem occured on both my Treo 650 and my Tungsten E2.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for the inconvenience. It's a hi-prio fix for the next update.

Amazingly, it's taken 2.5 years for someone to notice/report!

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: