FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Dummy Message
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: ericsson mobile and ibook Reply with quote

Phillipe,

No the Bluetooth adapter hasn't been discontinued already - they just=20
kinda underestimated the demand and there is a worldwide shortage at the=20
moment. As you may have read from this list already, there are several=20
other companies who are offering similar bluetooth adapters that will=20
work with the mac - for the short term you might want to check those out.

There is also a new version of the Bluetooth connectivity software=20
(preview 2) that was released a few weeks ago at WWDC, along with some=20
cool developer tools if you are an Apple developer member (which is=20
free). The bluetooth demo session that was held actually used a=20
Titanium laptop with a T68 phone - so your friend is likely to be=20
comforted by the fact that as Apple itself is developing bluetooth=20
software based on her current equipment, a specific solution is not too=20
far away.

For more info, she might also want to have a look at the address book=20
features of the new OS X operating system which will be released in a=20
few months (http://www.apple.com/macosx/newversion/) - which describes=20
publicly the features which she seems to be interested in and which were=20
privately displayed at the conference.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

James

On Saturday, May 25, 2002, at 04:01 AM, Philippe Landau wrote:

> hello, thanks for this list and for the great-looking software.
>
> a friend would like to synchronize an Sony Ericsson - T68i with her
> ibook dual usb, what connection can she establish and would you=20
> recommend ?
> the bluetooth adapter seems to have been discontinued by apple already ?
> is there a more appropriate forum for this, are there archives ?
>
> kind regards=A0=A0=A0=A0 philippe
>
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 --- *** ---
>
> Mac OS X 10.1.3 bad for PowerBooks (but ok for ibooks):
> http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=3D9021
> D-Link DWB-120M USB Bluetooth Adapter: 49$, march 2002
> http://www.dlink.com/products/usb/dwb120m/
>

>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
--
James Hodge
Web Developer
The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd

Check out our brand new image library!
http://photo.beatentrack.com.au

ACN 098 473 306

PO Box 800, Dickson ACT 2602, AUSTRALIA
Suites 2 & 3 (1st Floor), 170 Haydon Drive, Bruce ACT 2617, AUSTRALIA

ph +61 2 6201 5307 fax +61 2 6201 5311

james.hodge@b...
http://www.beatentrack.com.au
___________________________________________________________________________=
_

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This message and any attachments=20
contain confidential information intended only for the use of the=20
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you=20
MUST NOT forward, print, copy or use it for any purpose, or disclose its=20
contents to any person. If you have received this message in error=20
please immediately notify the sender and delete the original=20
transmission and any accompanying attachments from your computer and=20
destroy any copies.

The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd does not warrant that this message is=20
virus free, and will not be responsible for any damage caused by a virus=20
in this message. It is the responsibility of the receiver of this=20
message to use suitable software to protect its systems from viruses.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,=20
except where the sender has the authority to issue and specifically=20
states them to be the views of The Beaten Track Group Pty Ltd.
Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: uk usb bluetooth - anywhere?! Reply with quote

Hi

I'm just trying out a new Bluetooth USB Dongle from a
UK company called Jadetec (http://www.jadetec.co.uk).

So far no problems, it's worked fine with Ericsson
Client on an iMac 800. I've managed to transfer
ringtones, pictures and addresses to the phone and
backup my address book.

I've also dialled up to the internet using the phone
with no problems.

Scott

Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:43:29 -0000
From: "centreguy"
Subject: uk usb bluetooth - anywhere?!

Hi,

Firstly, EC - Great software!

I'm in the UK and I'm trying to find a resonably
priced usb
bluetooth adapter. On the Apple web site their d-link
offering is
never to be released so it seems so I had a look on
here and the
Mitsumi usb adapter has been mentioned. Anyone
actually
found and bought one of these things?! I can't find
them
anywhere! The Mitsumi web site tells you to go to a
few
distributors web sites but they don't sell them. Very
frustrating!

Any clues?

DJT


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free
http://sbc.yahoo.com

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: uk usb bluetooth - anywhere?! Reply with quote

Hi,

The Jadetec product is 75 plus the vat - EXACTLY the same
adapter is available from expansys at 52.88 INC the vat!!!
Anyone in the UK, check it out here's the link...

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=BT3030

hope that helps,
centreguy

--- In ericssonclient@y..., wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm just trying out a new Bluetooth USB Dongle from a
> UK company called Jadetec (http://www.jadetec.co.uk).
>
> So far no problems, it's worked fine with Ericsson
> Client on an iMac 800. I've managed to transfer
> ringtones, pictures and addresses to the phone and
> backup my address book.
>
> I've also dialled up to the internet using the phone
> with no problems.
>
> Scott
>
> Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:43:29 -0000
> From: "centreguy"
> Subject: uk usb bluetooth - anywhere?!
>
> Hi,
>
> Firstly, EC - Great software!
>
> I'm in the UK and I'm trying to find a resonably
> priced usb
> bluetooth adapter. On the Apple web site their d-link
> offering is
> never to be released so it seems so I had a look on
> here and the
> Mitsumi usb adapter has been mentioned. Anyone
> actually
> found and bought one of these things?! I can't find
> them
> anywhere! The Mitsumi web site tells you to go to a
> few
> distributors web sites but they don't sell them. Very
> frustrating!
>
> Any clues?
>
> DJT
>
>
>
__________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free
> http://sbc.yahoo.com


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: uk usb bluetooth - anywhere?! Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the PC Card adapter available from expansys?:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=ARM-BLCF

I would prefer this vs. a dongle. I know OS X PC Card support is iffy, but
perhaps anyone has had positive experience with these setups?

Thanks,

Miguel

On 7/7/02 3:27 AM, centreguy at tobyr@b... wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Jadetec product is 75 plus the vat - EXACTLY the same
> adapter is available from expansys at 52.88 INC the vat!!!
> Anyone in the UK, check it out here's the link...
>
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=BT3030
>
> hope that helps,
> centreguy
>
> --- In ericssonclient@y..., wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm just trying out a new Bluetooth USB Dongle from a
>> UK company called Jadetec (http://www.jadetec.co.uk).
>>
>> So far no problems, it's worked fine with Ericsson
>> Client on an iMac 800. I've managed to transfer
>> ringtones, pictures and addresses to the phone and
>> backup my address book.
>>
>> I've also dialled up to the internet using the phone
>> with no problems.
>>
>> Scott
>>
>> Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 06:43:29 -0000
>> From: "centreguy"
>> Subject: uk usb bluetooth - anywhere?!
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Firstly, EC - Great software!
>>
>> I'm in the UK and I'm trying to find a resonably
>> priced usb
>> bluetooth adapter. On the Apple web site their d-link
>> offering is
>> never to be released so it seems so I had a look on
>> here and the
>> Mitsumi usb adapter has been mentioned. Anyone
>> actually
>> found and bought one of these things?! I can't find
>> them
>> anywhere! The Mitsumi web site tells you to go to a
>> few
>> distributors web sites but they don't sell them. Very
>> frustrating!
>>
>> Any clues?
>>
>> DJT
>>
>>
>>
> __________________________________________________
>> Do You Yahoo!?
>> Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free
>> http://sbc.yahoo.com
>
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ericssonclient-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Re: uk usb bluetooth - anywhere?! Reply with quote

Hi Miguel

I have not tried this CF Btooth card, but I have tried the 3Com PCMCIA card
and it is not recognized by Mac OS X & Preview 2 BTooth. I would suspect
that you would have similar experience. I=B9m hoping that the Jaguar releas=
e
will provide better PCMCIA support, but we=B9ll have 2 wait & C, unless of
course someone knows better!


Dave


PS my buying experience from Expansys is =B3Excellent=B2






On 7/7/2002 14:00, "Miguel Palacios" wrote:

> Has anyone tried the PC Card adapter available from expansys?:
>=20
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=3DARM-BLCF
>=20
> I would prefer this vs. a dongle. I know OS X PC Card support is iffy, b=
ut
> perhaps anyone has had positive experience with these setups?
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Miguel
>=20

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Other Bluetooth resources Reply with quote

Anyone looking over the network for Btooth resources, check out
http://203.147.194.107/bluetooth/products.asp




Regards


Dave Hall


Email: davehall@s...


mobile: +44 773 642 9369


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:09 am    Post subject: Jaguar problems Reply with quote

Got jaguar on Friday night and installed it no problem - but all the
Bluetooth options are greyed out. I can't get it to work at all.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Jonathan


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar problems Reply with quote

At 0:09 +0100 26-08-2002, artistry wrote:
>Got jaguar on Friday night and installed it no problem - but all the
>Bluetooth options are greyed out. I can't get it to work at all.
>
>Anyone else having the same problems?
>
>Jonathan

works fine with D-link adapter
doesn't work with no adapter connected... --> gray options


--
Settimio Perlini
http://www.macitynet.it/macprof

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar problems Reply with quote

> works fine with D-link adapter

Also works with 3COM and TDK Bluetooth USB adapters.

doesn't work woth Bluetooth PC-card adapters, yet.

/P-M


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Jaguar problems Reply with quote

on 26/8/02 23:06, ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com at
ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> works fine with D-link adapter
> doesn't work with no adapter connected... --> gray options


That's what I've got... TiPB 196Mb RAM


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Lotus sync Reply with quote


HI,
Unfortunatley for me my place of work uses Lotus Notes R5.
I have all my appointments booked into my calender through it as this
inturn connects with the email to arrange meetings.
Is there a way of getting my calender and todo's to sync? as well as my
address book?
OR is there an alternative way of doing it?
Thanx ,
martin


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth broken in 10.2 Reply with quote

on 27/8/02 23:16, ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com at
ericssonclient@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> Subject: Re: Re: bluetooth broken with 10.2
>
> ... and the light's on no problem? Do you have bluetooth turned on?
> Click on the bluetooth icon on the menu bar .. you should have one.. if
> it says "Bluetooth: Off", select it, and it will now say bluetooth on
> and you will have your options..

He's having exactly the same problem I'm having which is interesting, though
Jonas says everything is okay for him!

The Bluetooth icon is there in the menu bar but it simply says 'Bluetooth:
Not available'

Apple System Profiler sees the device no problem.

A mystery...

--
1 Portland House Mews
Ashley Road
Epsom
KT18 5BB
United Kingdom

Home: 01372 747251
Mobile: 0781 306 7071


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: OT: Worst thing about Jaguar Reply with quote

The worst thing about Jaguar is launching iChat and being told I have 'no
buddies' and offers no way of getting any. Not even a 'bot to talk to...

I feel so lonely :-(


Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: OT: Worst thing about Jaguar Reply with quote

At 0:13 +0100 28-08-2002, artistry wrote:
>The worst thing about Jaguar is launching iChat and being told I have 'no
>buddies' and offers no way of getting any. Not even a 'bot to talk to...
>
>I feel so lonely :-(

if you ad you Aim or .Mac account in your signature may be you can
find someone!
:-)
--
Settimio Perlini
http://www.macitynet.it/macprof

Back to top
Guest






PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth broken in 10.2 Reply with quote


> > ... and the light's on no problem? Do you have bluetooth turned on?
> > Click on the bluetooth icon on the menu bar .. you should have one.. if
> > it says "Bluetooth: Off", select it, and it will now say bluetooth on
> > and you will have your options..
>
Nope, Bluetooth not available....

I checked the files in the preview version of BT and they look to be the same
as in jaguar.

Do we have the same Macs (Bronze keyboard powerbooks)???


Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Archives All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group