FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

XHub Media Center 2.3 - Leopard ready
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Mac Hub project worth spending time on?
Absolutely
59%
 59%  [ 13 ]
Maybe
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Probably not
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

snarb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: XHub Media Center 2.3 - Leopard ready Reply with quote

[b]XHub Media Center[/b] is your full screen home theater. Its fast, feature-rich and highly customizable, yet amazingly easy to use. Connect your Mac running XHub to your living room TV, and enjoy all of your digital entertainment on the big screen from the comfort of your sofa. With XHub you can listen to music, podcasts and Internet radio, view photo slideshows, play DVDs, read news feeds, surf the web, watch live and recorded digital TV, enjoy theatrical trailers, movies of most formats, video podcasts, music videos and TV shows - and you can control it all with a single remote. Whether this be your Apple remote, ATI remote, Keyspan remote, [b]cell phone or PDA.[/b]

[b]XHub was built with Salling Clicker in mind.[/b]

XHub home: [url]http://www.snarb.tk[/url]
XHub at MacUpdate: [url]http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/21952[/url]
XHub at VersionTracker: [url]http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/30085[/url]

Last edited by snarb on Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:39 pm; edited 20 times in total
t_heinrich

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if you post some screenshoots of your software and perhaps you can describe it a little bit more.

Thomas
snarb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="t_heinrich"]It would be nice if you post some screenshoots of your software and perhaps you can describe it a little bit more.[/quote]

Try "screenshot.png" for a screenshot :wink:. As for the description, think Front Row (Apple's full screen media center that lets you control your music, photos and movies collection). A Front Row for Clicker, that is. Same functionality, only much faster and with more functionality, great browsing capabilities, etc. There is no detailed documentation yet, so the best way to get a feel of it is probably to try it out.
mapinsk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: have u checked out centerstage? Reply with quote

There's an open source project called centerstage that i believe can use Salling Clicker. It may be worth more your time to help improve that application rather then starting from scratch.
snarb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mapinsk, I wasn't aware of the Centerstage project. I'll look it up. If it has what it takes to be a worthy FrontRow replacement app for Clicker, well, then its most definitly not worth cloning it.
snarb

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New beta posted today. Look above for details.
danchr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but maybe you should reconsider such obvious copying of the Front Row interface. After all, there are laws against plagiarising, and Apple Legal has been known to eat babies for kicks :D
snarb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of this :-D. The soundset will be replaced in the final version. I'll try to find different graphics as well. Other than that I think its OK with a... hrm... quite similar... concept, no? BTW, its almost done now: a release candidate will be posted soon. Personally I think its much better than that Frontow or whatever its called thingy 8)
Pete

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - Looks great @1400x1050

System: PB G4 15" 2Gig; Samsung SyncMaster 959NF as primary display (@1400x1050)
snarb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hub is now offically available at MacUpdate! It was renamed as well. Download XHub 0.9b here: www.snarb.tk
uke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the program I have been waiting for, unfortunately I haven't been able to get it to work. Is anyone else having problems?
When I launch it, it says "Xhub" in the menu bar and that is it. There is no menu underneath "Xhub" when pressed. When I press any buttons it on the keyboard I just get that default noise when the key can't do something and then nothing. I can't activate it with Salling Clicker...I am stuck.
Well, if anyone can help that would be great and thank you Snarb for spending so much time on your apps and scripts; I can't wait to try this one out.
snarb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Uke,

as stated in the documentation, you enter the hub by pressing the escape key (while XHub is activated). Eg. select XHub in the dock, then press escape. Or simply launch XHub Remote in Clicker.
snarb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well well... This thing sure has evolved in the last couple of months. New beta posted today. Please see above for version changes.
kseiferlin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Doesn't work at all - how can i get rid? Reply with quote

Hi Snarb,

I installed the latest beta. It doesn't work at all. It hardly ever reacts on keystrokes, I cannot control it, it just blocks my machine. How can I quit it? How can I uninstall? I want to get rid of it ASAP. The prefpane plugin doesn't offer to quit or uninstall, and the Help file is also basically empty. I know, it is still beta (is it already beta?), but all it did is freeze my machine.
snarb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kseiferlin,

I'm sorry to hear this. It would be great if you could drop me an e-mail (snarb dot tk at gmail dot com) with more info (machine and system specs, etc) so I can figure out what went wrong here (a console dump would also be nice). To uninstall, simply delete the XHub folder in /Library/Application Support/ and the preference pane in /Library/PreferencePanes/. That's it. My apologies for your inconvenience.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear that XHub seems to please others. This review just turned up at Versiontracker, thought I'd share it:

[quote]
[b]Awesome work!!! - Version: 0.9.5b, 8/7/2006 10:14AM PST
An3[/b]
Wow! I am impressed.... I've just turned my G5 into a better than front row experience! It even plays videofiles front row can't since it supports more things!
I am so impressed! I am just having a little trouble with slow playback on HD material that QT otherwise handles flawlessly... and it's just a beta still!!!

Try it out, you might be in for a surprise.... I was.... and still am :)
[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: