FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

bluetooth on Dell X51v

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g_man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: bluetooth on Dell X51v Reply with quote

Hi,

I read that the Dell X51V that runs Windows Mobil 2005 doesn't support the following bluetooth stacks: FTP, PAN, LAP, HSP, HFP & FP, HCRP, BPP.

Does this cause problems for Salling software when trying to use bluetooth? What bluetooth stack does Salling use.

Many thanks in advance for any info!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: bluetooth on Dell X51v Reply with quote

Hi,

Shouldn't be a problem. The X51v uses the Microsoft Bluetooth stack, and we should be compatible with it.

Set it up like this:

Manufacturer: "Windows Mobile 2003/5"
Model: "Pocket PC"

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="g_man"]Hi,

I read that the Dell X51V that runs Windows Mobil 2005 doesn't support the following bluetooth stacks: FTP, PAN, LAP, HSP, HFP & FP, HCRP, BPP.

Does this cause problems for Salling software when trying to use bluetooth? What bluetooth stack does Salling use.

Many thanks in advance for any info![/quote]
saklander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is that we are on the brink of changching to widcommstack because of the problems with the MS, I hope that this will not be a problem?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I always found the MS stack to be superior in terms of reliability on Windows Mobile.

Not sure if it'll be a problem. Broadcom/Widcomm under Windows Mobile 5 is not officially supported in Salling Clicker at this time (but may work). It will be officially supported at some point, however.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="saklander"]The fact is that we are on the brink of changching to widcommstack because of the problems with the MS, I hope that this will not be a problem?[/quote]
saklander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be more reliable but boy is it bad at beeing anything else :) No working profiles! go ahead take a look at aximsite.com forums for x50/x51 and I promise you will see what I am talking about!

Regards!
akheron

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=678&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more678

End of MS BT stack! :lol:
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Granted, I've only seen the MS stack in action on HTC devices, where I thought it worked okay, and in comparison to the Widcomm stack, it wouldn't spontaneously die (but that might be an HP problem in the iPAQs).

Either way: those guys (in your link) are "crazy". Let me know if Clicker works in that Frankenstein environment, ok?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="akheron"]http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=3&p=678&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more678

End of MS BT stack! :lol:[/quote]
akheron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaa.. no I have the widcomm stack so I'm good.. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: