FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Motorola SLVR L7 on Orange (UK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oliwood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Motorola SLVR L7 on Orange (UK) Reply with quote

Hi,

I am thinking of getting a SLVR handset but I want to be sure it will work with Salling Clicker before purchasing. I have read the other posts about Circular etc but not sure what this means, my phone will be on Orange (UK network).

Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone in the UK with the SLVR model will have to chime in on this one.

There are potentially two issues:

1. Bluetooth from Java (JSR-82) lock-down, requiring certification.

2. Installation; it is possible that Orange only allows applications to be installed from their application shop.

At this point, I do not know the answer to these.

Best.
--
Jonas
amutti

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Installing Jar on Cingular SLVR Reply with quote

You can easily install this on the Cingular SLVR . . . I did. All you have to do is put it on the SIM card in the /mobile/kjava directory, disconnect the phone from the computer, navigate to the "games & apps", click the menu button "-", select "Switch Storage Device", choose "Card." Select "[Install New]" from the menu, select the "SalingClicker" jar file and follow the prompts.

With all that said, I still can't connect the phone. When I do I get a "Cannot connect (reason java.lang.SecurityException) on the phone."

Hope this helps!
maxxtothemaxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a plain normal unbranded L7 SLVR and managed to get Salling to work, the phone has no problems running it, but you can't use blusolei (I find this out the hard way!!!)
Your best off using Widcomm, just google Widcomm driver or something like that.
The only problem that I have had is that when I run salling off my phone the buttons are all screwed up, and I tried 'http://wap.salling.com' but there is only a jad file and the slvr needs a jar file, the frustarting thing is that if it was just a jar file then u can use a 'Jad maker' to generate one, but this sadly isnt the case.
If anyone has any idea on how to solve this issue please let me know.

best regards,
max
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,

wap.salling.com/SallingClicker.jar

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="maxxtothemaxx"]I have a plain normal unbranded L7 SLVR and managed to get Salling to work, the phone has no problems running it, but you can't use blusolei (I find this out the hard way!!!)
Your best off using Widcomm, just google Widcomm driver or something like that.
The only problem that I have had is that when I run salling off my phone the buttons are all screwed up, and I tried 'http://wap.salling.com' but there is only a jad file and the slvr needs a jar file, the frustarting thing is that if it was just a jar file then u can use a 'Jad maker' to generate one, but this sadly isnt the case.
If anyone has any idea on how to solve this issue please let me know.

best regards,
max[/quote]
johnny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Cingular disabled JSR-82 in the SLVR L7? Reply with quote

jonas,

wap download and install works fine on the cingular L7. it's the connecting via blootooth part "Cannot connect (reason java.lang.SecurityException)".

do i take your previous post, "Bluetooth from Java (JSR-82) lock-down, requiring certification." to mean you know exactly what they've fungoo'd?

i've had quite the education in flex, flash, and seem editing today. i have all the tools p2k, mpst, etc. who can i pay that can tell me either where to get a comparison flash image from the moto unit, or preferrably the hack it takes to get jsr-82 running again?

any clues much appreciated. i can't live without clicker. i'm in keynote every day and i cant keep carrying around a se610 as a remote control.

thanks,
j.

pm me. i've got $100 for the first hack that works.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cingular disabled JSR-82 in the SLVR L7? Reply with quote

I was just helping "maxxtothemaxx" find the JAR (which is what he asked for).

I cannot help you "derestrict" your L7. In fact, I don't know how to do it. But, if you snoop around the forums, you'll find at least one other guy who've done it (with a different Motorola model, I think).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="johnny"]jonas,

wap download and install works fine on the cingular L7. it's the connecting via blootooth part "Cannot connect (reason java.lang.SecurityException)".

do i take your previous post, "Bluetooth from Java (JSR-82) lock-down, requiring certification." to mean you know exactly what they've fungoo'd?

i've had quite the education in flex, flash, and seem editing today. i have all the tools p2k, mpst, etc. who can i pay that can tell me either where to get a comparison flash image from the moto unit, or preferrably the hack it takes to get jsr-82 running again?

any clues much appreciated. i can't live without clicker. i'm in keynote every day and i cant keep carrying around a se610 as a remote control.

thanks,
j.

pm me. i've got $100 for the first hack that works.[/quote]
johnny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet! thanks jonas! you da man. thanks also to dfdejulio for post 3487:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3487

moto midlet manager rocks. that did the trick. sorry lads the $100 goes to dfdejulio. now if he'll answer the pm. ;)
jrutig

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - does anyone have a method for the non-technically inclined to easily get a cingular slvr to accept and run the salling java? Would be much appreciated. Thanks. Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: