FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Please Help! Blue soleil/n80/ a lot of problems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Please Help! Blue soleil/n80/ a lot of problems! Reply with quote

Hi, I have setup a trial version of Salling. I tried setting it up with my n80, but it did not work. I looked around for a bit, and found that it had to do with my blue soleil software. I uninstalled it, and now the salling works, but very inconsistantly. Also, the windows bluetooth software is terrrible as I cant transfer more than one thing at a time. Just to sum up here are my problems.

1. My phone gets an error message when trying to connect to the computer. I think i can fix this by shutting down the nokia pc suite, but i am not sure that this works everytime. The error message says something along the lines of "could not find server"

2. Is there any software, which is free, which is better than the windows one. I understand that i cant use my blue soleil, but what can i do?

Many thanks in advance,
Greg
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I understand you're using the Java client, right?

I think you'll find that the connect problem goes away if you wait for the device discovery to finish before pressing the left softkey to connect.

This appears to be a bug in the N80, as this is not a problem with the Java client on other platforms.

As for your distaste for the Microsoft stack, I'm not sure what to say. I find it rather okay.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: