FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Dell XPS Gen 2 Laptop, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tigers53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Dell XPS Gen 2 Laptop, Toshiba Bluetooth Stack Problems Reply with quote

Hi I would appreciate it if anyone could help. I cannot get the Salling clicker program to sync with my phone. I have a Treo 650 from Cingular that has all of the correct updates etc. I have what I think is a Toshiba internal bluetooth device and Toshiba Stacks. I think this might be my problem

Both the program on the computer and on the phone install correctly but when I try and sync the phone with the computer it brings up an error message and ask me if the program in running on my computer and

It says "Error:Is Clicker on CHA (which is my computer) Launched? (attribute is not set for record)"

I think these are the wireless and bluetooth internal units that I have.
"Intel® PRO 2915 and Dell 350 Bluetooth Internal Wireless Cards"

Once again if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tigers 53
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You are correct in that it's a problem with you having the Toshiba stack on your computer.

I cannot say when (or even if) Toshiba support will be available, but it's something I'm working on.

For now, you can find a solution to your problem here:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2951

Best.
--
Jonas
Tigers53

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: OK, but a problem Reply with quote

I checked that forum and It says to uninstall the toshiba bluetooth stack, fine, no problem can do that. But Because of the internal bluetooth card I have there is nothing for windows to configure and reconize. Therefor still cannot get it to work.

Here is what I am talking about from that forum.

"Windows should now detect the "new" Bluetooth device and install its own drivers for it."

Once again it wont detect the new device because there is none to detect. Because I don't have a dongle to plug in. I can go through the process on the toshiba websight if you think that is the better option.

Once again thanks for your help,

Tigers53
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: OK, but a problem Reply with quote

I think the TOSHIBA instructions would be the definitive ones.

I suspect the uninstallation leaves something behind that prevents Windows from detecting the driver-less hardware.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Tigers53"]I checked that forum and It says to uninstall the toshiba bluetooth stack, fine, no problem can do that. But Because of the internal bluetooth card I have there is nothing for windows to configure and reconize. Therefor still cannot get it to work.

Here is what I am talking about from that forum.

"Windows should now detect the "new" Bluetooth device and install its own drivers for it."

Once again it wont detect the new device because there is none to detect. Because I don't have a dongle to plug in. I can go through the process on the toshiba websight if you think that is the better option.

Once again thanks for your help,

Tigers53[/quote]
thespeed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same Dell wireless 350 bluetooth module in my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. I didn't install the drivers that came with the CD (Toshiba drivers) and Salling Clicker works.
isn't it possible to delete the Toshiba driver under the configuration screen/software?
After connecting the bluetooth module in my laptop and starting Windows.
He installed a driver called Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module.
And it works fine. So I think it should work on your laptop
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thespeed: Thanks for that last helpful comment.

Anyhow, I wanted to chime in here to let you guys know that work on supporting additional Bluetooth stacks is coming along quite well. I hope to talk about it relatively soon.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Windows/Bluetooth blues? All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: