FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Script to launch a random program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HTrance

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Script to launch a random program Reply with quote

Here is a script that opens any program U like. Just add your favorite programs in the script or write the command-line on your cellphone.

The scripting can be improved, I'm sure about that. But my knowledge doesn't reach that far to do it myself :wink:

I used some rundll32 commands. More rundll32's can be found at [url]http://www.vbexplorer.com/VBExplorer/shellcpl.htm[/url]

Have Fun

Launch program.zip
 Description:
Launch Program script

Download
 Filename:  Launch program.zip
 Filesize:  1.16 KB
 Downloaded:  1583 Time(s)

HTrance

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okeyyy, my own script and I encounter some errors :/...
Problem: When I added new lines with new textField.values, it appears that the value becomes "null". And it only seems to happen when I use these symbols ':' & '\' '%' in the links.
Like:
"%SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe"
"D:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Player\DivX Player.exe"

*edit* all '[size=18][b]\[/b][/size]' should become '[size=18][b]/[/b][/size]'
For example "%SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe" becomes "%SystemRoot%/System32/mspaint.exe".

Still got problems with "d:/..., c:/... links". The weird thing is, c:/ & d:/ work, but c:/program files, d:/program files do not work :shock:
OpticalLiam

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All local files are always back slash:
C:\Program Files

Remote files, ie on the web, are forward slash:
http://www.salling.com/shared-gfx/title.gif

Hmmmm...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure I'm following you exactly. Please note that some characters may not show on the device; is this what you're thinking of?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="HTrance"]Okeyyy, my own script and I encounter some errors :/...
Problem: When I added new lines with new textField.values, it appears that the value becomes "null". And it only seems to happen when I use these symbols ':' & '\' '%' in the links.
Like:
"%SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe"
"D:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Player\DivX Player.exe"

*edit* all '[size=18][b]\[/b][/size]' should become '[size=18][b]/[/b][/size]'
For example "%SystemRoot%\System32\mspaint.exe" becomes "%SystemRoot%/System32/mspaint.exe".

Still got problems with "d:/..., c:/... links". The weird thing is, c:/ & d:/ work, but c:/program files, d:/program files do not work :shock:[/quote]
HTrance

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]Not sure I'm following you exactly. Please note that some characters may not show on the device; is this what you're thinking of?

Best.
--
Jonas
[/quote]
1)When I used backslash instead of slash, the backslash disappeared on my cellphone screen. I guess my cellphone doesn't recognize backslash.
So now I use slash and this works fine, my cellphone recognizes it and the computer understands it too.
So the problem that backslash is not showing can be fixed by replacing the backslash by slash.

2)The only remaining problem is: When I link to programs in folders on C:/ or D:/, those links don't work. For example:
- c:/program files/DivX Player/DivX Player.exe
- d:/games/Rockstar Games/GTA SA/gta_sa.exe
Normally (even if the link would be false) there should a text message on the screen. But it doesn't appear and the program isn't launched either.
This makes me believe that there must be something that changes the text value into 'null'. The only problem is: I do not know what changes these links into 'null'.

P.S. guys, whether you use backslash or slash, it doesn't matter in XP
Dan_Aykroyd

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you easily script something to CLOSE an already open Window?
HTrance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Dan_Aykroyd"]Can you easily script something to CLOSE an already open Window?[/quote]
It's al long time ago i checked the forum, so sorry for the late answer. I'll see what I can do after I finished my exams ;)
Greetz
DiabloVII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HTrance"]Still got problems with "d:/..., c:/... links". The weird thing is, c:/ & d:/ work, but c:/program files, d:/program files do not work :shock:[/quote]

I made the same script an got the same problem but i think its because there is a space in between program and files...

Launch App.rar
 Description:
My version

Download
 Filename:  Launch App.rar
 Filesize:  898 Bytes
 Downloaded:  1321 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: