FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Assign the Bluetooth connect to a Key

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topfs

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Assign the Bluetooth connect to a Key Reply with quote

I can't seem to find a way to assign the bluetooth connect to a certain Key on the keyboard, or perhaps just figure out wich key that does this?

The thing is that I am iong to build a PC that is not going to have any screen and no mouse and probably only a few selected keys from a keyboard that I will mount in the case.
I would like to controll this computer with my bluetooth enabled phone and my phone does not support the outgoing connection for bluetooth so I would like to have a key on the case that connect to the bluetooth enabled phone when pressed. Possible?

Another thing, is it possible to have more than one bluetooth enabled product to controll salling clicker? have not tried it so excuse me if this is a stupid question?

finally thx for a great app :)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you could make that button send the right WM_COMMAND message to the Salling Clicker main window, that should work out. Run Spy to figure out what command you'd need to send.

At this time, you cannot be connected with multiple devices simultaneously.

Best.
--
Jonas
Topfs

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Tried using Spy++ to locate wich WM_command for the connect button in Salling Clicker but I could not find any WM_COMMAND, Just WM_MOUSEMOVE and WM_PAINT and a whole lot of other things.

There is no way that this could be done with a standard batch file or something like that? a commandline?

Edit: I found something now:
Window Handle: 00120AB4
Message 0111 sent
WM_COMMAND
wParam: 000003E8
lParam: 000D0AC2

There's another but this seems more real.

My strenght is NOT win32 programing so this might be very wrong but I think I might be able to send some WM_COMMAND using BB4Win?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with BB4Win. Basically you need to do this:

1. Find the window handle to a non-visible root window with the caption "Salling Clicker".

2. Post the following window message:

message = WM_COMMAND
wParam = 32773
lParam = 0

This should simulate selecting the "Connect" command from the Salling Clicker system tray item menu.

Best.
--
Jonas
Topfs

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I have something to go on.
BB4Win is a shell for windows and there is some sort of plugin that will let you make any key from the keyboard to be linked with quite advanced things. Hopefully I will make some use of this.

Thx for a great app, damn fast on the phone I must say. Great work.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cools. Let me know if the stuff above doesn't work for you (I haven't tested it), and I'll figure something out.

Best.
--
Jonas
Topfs

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now trying out the StrokeIt Program send the command, this is with mouse but If I can get it to work with this it could be done with keys to.

Using Spy++ I get (When Pushing the actual button in the salling clicker interface)
WM_COMMAND wNotifyCode:BN_CLICKED wID:1000 hwndCtl:000A0A1A

but when sending or posting the command with StrokeIt
WM_COMMAND wNotifyCode:0 (sent from a menu) wID:3

Obviosly the latter did not work... I have no real Idea how to make it send the right code?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: