FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Bluetooth Range dongle issues, redux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shenkin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Range dongle issues, redux Reply with quote

I just got a D-Link DB-120 dongle for my Mac G5 (which never had internal bluetooth). Works great, but I'm not getting the range I need. I want to communicate a total distance of about 15 feet, but there's a brick wall in between. Should I just fuhgeddaboudit, or might a longer-range dongle work? If it's worth the try, does anyone out there have a recommendation? Should any USB Bluetooth dongle work on the Mac? Can I overclock it? :-)
shenkin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Linksys dongle rules.... Reply with quote

Hi,

I thought people might like to know that when I replaced my DB-120 with a Linksys dongle, which is a Class-1 device, I became able to use Salling Clicker to talk to my Mac through that 1-foot-thick brick wall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: