FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Razr V3i with Mac without wap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pyromania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Razr V3i with Mac without wap Reply with quote

Hello,

I use the Razr V3i with Mac. But I canīt call the wap.salling.com. Maybe a problem with my wap preferences. But I canīt fix them at the moment.

So whatelse can I do? I Installed the SallingClicker.jar from my desktop to the V3i, it starts but it hung up from the beginning!

Where can I get a working version without wap?

Thanx Andy
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Razr V3i with Mac without wap Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Use this link:

www.salling.com/wap/SallingClicker.jar

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="pyromania"]Hello,

I use the Razr V3i with Mac. But I canīt call the wap.salling.com. Maybe a problem with my wap preferences. But I canīt fix them at the moment.

So whatelse can I do? I Installed the SallingClicker.jar from my desktop to the V3i, it starts but it hung up from the beginning!

Where can I get a working version without wap?

Thanx Andy[/quote]
pyromania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SallinClicker starts, dosplays CONNECT... and ABOUT... but stucks. Canīt do anything else then quit...

Itīs an O2-Contract. Depends on this?

Andy
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When does it get stuck, Andy? And what do you mean by that, exactly?

Did you try restarting the phone?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="pyromania"]SallinClicker starts, dosplays CONNECT... and ABOUT... but stucks. Canīt do anything else then quit...

Itīs an O2-Contract. Depends on this?

Andy[/quote]
pyromania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I launch the application, it shows me the Display to select CONNECT and EXIT. But no response by pressing any key. Just the red button to quit the whole application. The phone keeps on working. Itīs just the application...
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Sounds like you still have the old version on your phone. Could you please check what version is installed?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="pyromania"]When I launch the application, it shows me the Display to select CONNECT and EXIT. But no response by pressing any key. Just the red button to quit the whole application. The phone keeps on working. Itīs just the application...[/quote]
pyromania

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Software-Verison of my Phone is: R374_G_OE.40.9CR
Salling Clicker Version: 3.0.36

Andy
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I take it the application is not actually "stuck", as you're able to open the About box to find out the version (or did you use a different means of finding this out? please let me know).

Also, I searched google for the firmware version you listed, and it appears to be a V3 version (not V3i). Are you sure you have a V3i?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="pyromania"]The Software-Verison of my Phone is: R374_G_OE.40.9CR
Salling Clicker Version: 3.0.36

Andy[/quote]
pyromania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the Software-version by opening my Java Folder and "Show Properties" of SallingClicker. After starting the App you canīt do anything than quit by the red button.

Iīm sorry. I thought all the time, it is a V3i. Sure it is a common V3.

Andy
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Not sure why you can't get the buttons to work, but it doesn't really matter (unfortunately) as the V3 lacks the features required to run Salling Clicker; in particular "JSR-82" isn't there.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="pyromania"]I found the Software-version by opening my Java Folder and "Show Properties" of SallingClicker. After starting the App you canīt do anything than quit by the red button.

Iīm sorry. I thought all the time, it is a V3i. Sure it is a common V3.

Andy[/quote]
pyromania

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is "JSR-82"?
joshkarr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Motorola seems to think that JSR-82 is included with V3 Reply with quote

I am fairly new to all of this but the developer spec sheet shows that the V3 has JSR-82 APIs.
developer.motorola.com/?path=1.2.7.38.542
Is there something I'm missing. Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Motorola seems to think that JSR-82 is included with V3 Reply with quote

Those are not the specs for the "normal" V3 model. Sorry.

The V3i has JSR-82 as does *some* V3 models (through a "silent" Motorola upgrade).

There's no way of telling if a regular V3 has JSR-82 by just looking at it. Supposedly, if it supports video playback, a V3 will also support JSR-82 (and can thus run Clicker)

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="joshkarr"]I am fairly new to all of this but the developer spec sheet shows that the V3 has JSR-82 APIs.
developer.motorola.com/?path=1.2.7.38.542
Is there something I'm missing. Thanks[/quote]
joshkarr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Still searching Reply with quote

Well the good news is that I have video playback which I guess may be a positive. The bad news is that I can't do anything with the program still. Are there any settings that I could possibly change? I know its a dumb question but I had to manually configure stuff for my MMS and internet. I have a similar problem as the others but maybe not the same. I can in fact see the screen with connect and about. I can scroll through the options and select about and it tells me about the program. If I select the connect it throws up an "Application Error". Thanks for your help and being so prompt. I love your software for the palm. I just want to get it working for my phone.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Still searching Reply with quote

If you get "Application Error" when you try to connect this means your phone lacks the required features. Really.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="joshkarr"]Well the good news is that I have video playback which I guess may be a positive. The bad news is that I can't do anything with the program still. Are there any settings that I could possibly change? I know its a dumb question but I had to manually configure stuff for my MMS and internet. I have a similar problem as the others but maybe not the same. I can in fact see the screen with connect and about. I can scroll through the options and select about and it tells me about the program. If I select the connect it throws up an "Application Error". Thanks for your help and being so prompt. I love your software for the palm. I just want to get it working for my phone.[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Phone/Mac issues All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: