FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

How to get info from program?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
o_pettersen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: How to get info from program? Reply with quote

Hello again,

Just taking my first steps into scripting clicker by modifying a script. My main questing is this; how do you get events and info OUT of the program? Like the timeline, songtitle, artist, etc. Had a look at the iTunes script, and it seems it reads from iTune to get all that info (funnily enough).

Questing 2: Is it possible to create a submenu without making another script and calling it?

And questing 3 (to Jonas): Not whining, but when is the help file being released. Ive read a few post saying youre working on it, and it sure wouldve been helpful:)

Cheers,

Řyvind
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

(1) You think it's funny the script gets the information from iTunes? Where else would it come from? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the question.

(2) Yep. This is definitely possible. Check the iTunes script for an example (pressing the "More" button brings up a menu; this menu is handled in the same script as the main iTunes controller).

(3) I know, I know... Sorry. :-( This is due to lack of time; I'm busy preparing for an important update. Your best bet at this time is to use an Active Scripting aware tool that lets you browse the Salling Clicker type library; this way, at least you'll see what classes are available and all their member methods and properties.

Please fill me in on the details, as I feel my #1 and #2 responses are a bit lacking.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: