FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Winamp Remote - browse by Artist list problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keppelk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Winamp Remote - browse by Artist list problems Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using the Winamp remote scripts with the ActiveWinamp plugin. It all works very well but the display of information on my Z800i is strange in places.

The first 14 characters are normal but the 15th character is always the symbol □ (white square). Nothing is dispayed after a □. What is going on???!!

I have many pages of artists and end up scrolling through lists and lists of 10 items. Is there a way to force more than 10 artists to be displayed in the artist list??

Any help very much appreciated! :D
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The "?-issue" is actually a bit more complicated than this. (1) it's not as simple as the 15th character always being hit. (2) it's due to a bug in this (and some other) phone models; nothing I can do about it. :-(

The 10-artist limit is due to phone limitations. Only 12 items can be shown per screen in these Sony Ericsson phones, and (at most) 2 items will be required for paging. (phones that run the Salling client software have a much higher limit of items per screen)

Best.
--
Jonas
keppelk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. Could a firmware upgrade to a new version solve the problem? Or is it possible to run a salling client on the phone (java mobile app)?

Thanks,

Keppel
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, this issue was never fixed by Sony Ericsson, and unfortunately your phone lacks the required software features to run the Salling Java client. :-(

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="keppelk"]Thanks for your reply. Could a firmware upgrade to a new version solve the problem? Or is it possible to run a salling client on the phone (java mobile app)?

Thanks,

Keppel[/quote]
keppelk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the dumb questions. I've been looking around today and found out that my Z800i doesn't support JSR82 (bluetooth API for Java). Wish there was some way around, but noone has found a way if there is one. Will keep using the 'squares' menu ;)

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Scripting Salling Clicker for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: