FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

W810i + Mac 10.7.4 - Calendar Sync Issue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoughtbubble

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: W810i + Mac 10.7.4 - Calendar Sync Issue Reply with quote

The 1.1 version has been syncing fine until today - when I connect and for some reason it is ignoring some records on the phone and has removed a huge amount of records from the mac calendar (while still keeping them on the phone).

Could this be a phone issue? Has the memory for calendar items filled? If so how do I check?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell what's going on.

- What changed between this last sync and the previous ones?

- No items will be deleted on the Mac unless you approve of the deletion in the MobileSync panel that pops up.

- Have you also synced your phone with a different sync application, or a different computer?

- Was is very long since you last synced your phone?

Best.
--
Jonas
Thoughtbubble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

[quote="salling"]- What changed between this last sync and the previous ones?
[/quote]
Nothing - same old sync as every day

[quote="salling"]- No items will be deleted on the Mac unless you approve of the deletion in the MobileSync panel that pops up.[/quote]
I know this, but in the end I had to sync as these two diaries (my phone and my mac's) are what help me meet clients - I need them to sync

[quote="salling"]- Have you also synced your phone with a different sync application, or a different computer?[/quote]
I sometimes sync with my laptop (using the same beta software) - but why should that cause the application to 'remove' previous entries?

[quote="salling"]- Was is very long since you last synced your phone?[/quote]
Nope - I sync my phone every working day at least once.

BTW - it worked fine after that until just now, when it did the same thing again... said it would remove 30 items and update 2 - when I know for a fact that I've only added one item to the phone since my last sync....
Thoughtbubble

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, just occured to me that one thing was different - today I rebooted my mac... think that may be something to do with it?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what's wrong. Please try resetting the sync log:

Hold ctrl + option when you click "Synchronize"

On your first sync after this, the software will try to pair up items on your Mac and your phone; you shouldn't see many duplicates.

Also, I recommend against synchronizing several computers with the software; or for that matter synchronizing with both MobileSync and iSync. It makes the changelog on the phone overflow and puts the software up to the much greater challenge of trying to sort things out.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="Thoughtbubble"]Actually, just occured to me that one thing was different - today I rebooted my mac... think that may be something to do with it?[/quote]
Thoughtbubble

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas

That fixed the error - thanks.

It's a strange problem - that's only happened with the beta version I'm using and then only twice. The reset worked though. Thank you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> MobileSync (retired) All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: